Friday 10 August 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10-8-2018: International Biodiesel Day

10th August, 2018.


Hmmm … 

The milk’s off.

Which is awkward.

For one thing?   Today’s a busy day, what with bills, teaser videos, shopping, more teaser videos, getting to bed, early, teaser videos, and good knows what else?

I’m on a time budget.

Oh … 

And I’m due a blood test, as well!

I think, though … that shopping at Iceland, again, will be … unwise … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 10th August is International Biodiesel Day.   Biodiesel is a bio … what?
Q2) Which UK train company claims to be the first to use biodiesel?
Q3) Biodiesel is made from animal fat, frying oils or what kind of oils?
Q4) Researchers at the University of Nevada have successfully made biodiesel from leftover what?
Q5) Finally … recent studies suggest we can make biodiesel from the fat of which animal?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Betty Boop made her debut on 9th August, 1930.   In a cartoon called Dizzy … what?
Q2) The first UK city council to announce it would open a nudist beach, did so on 9th August, 1979.   Which city was it … ?
A2) Brighton.
Q3) Internment — detention without trial — was introduced into one part of the UK: on 9th August, 1971.   Which part of the UK?
Q4) Eddie Futch was born on 9th August, 1911.   He trained professional … what?
A4) Boxers.
Q5) Smokey Bear made his debut on 9th August, 1944.   He was used to tell the US public about the dangers of forest … what?
A5) Fires.
Here’s a thought …
“The biodiesel we use is 100 percent, it has no petroleum in it. It was already used in fryers throughout our local area. It’s already had one life and now it’s going to be used again, which is nice.”
Daryl Hannah.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Actually, Olga: management used to send out the rotas.   In point of fact, the last time this happened?   I had a copy on the trusty MacPro that I could screen shot and send back with a snotty message!   What can I tell you … ?   As for wildfires … ?   Sounds like they’re looking nasty, over there.   What amazes me, is the ones we’ve had in the UK.   At least Saddleworth is out …

†        Actually, Debbi: I get the impression it’s the State Department who imposed the tariffs.   Can I ask you to have a word, please?

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Fuel
Q2) Virgin Trains
Q3) Vegetable
Q4) Coffee grounds
Q5) Alligator
I've just heard that I Spanish writer I know committed suicide a few days back. And a successful one (at least when it comes to publishing and selling books). And I translated one of his books a few years back, he has recommended me to quite a few people and I met him in person last year. It's a shock...

Debbi said...

It may be the State Department, but it's Trump's administration. I don't think a word from me will amount to much. To my dismay. :)

1. fuel
2. Virgin Trains
3. vegetable
4. coffee grounds
5. fish (specifically, catfish, I think)