Saturday 11 August 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th August, 2018.

11th August, 2018.


Yep: it’s a Saturday, and another early start.

Frankly, and after a career of working evenings?

I’m distinctly un-impressed by them.

Needs must, and all that … 

But?

Well … don’t ask me to like it!

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five, and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 11th August, 1984, saw someone, jokingly, say “We begin bombing in five minutes.”   Who said that?
Q2) 11th August, 1952, saw Hussein bin Talal named  as king of where?
Q3) Sheremetyevo International Airport opened on 11th August, 1959.   It’s the second largest airport in which country?
Q4) 11th August, 1971, saw the Admiral’s Cup yachting race won by a British boat: skippered by whom?
Q5) Finally … 11th August, 1897, saw the birth of Enid Blyton.   Which of her book series feature Julian, Dick, Anne and Georgina (George), and Timmy the dog?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 10th August is International Biodiesel Day.   Biodiesel is a bio … what?
A1) Biofuel.
Q2) Which UK train company claims to be the first to use biodiesel?
Q3) Biodiesel is made from animal fat, frying oils or what kind of oils?
Q4) Researchers at the University of Nevada have successfully made biodiesel from leftover what?
Q5) Finally … recent studies suggest we can make biodiesel from the fat of which animal?
A5) Alligators.   (Fuel with bite … !)
Here’s a thought …
“The first sentence comes straight into my mind, I don’t have to think of it – I don’t have to think of anything.”
Enid Blyton, 11 August 1897 – 28 November 1968.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Olga, what can I tell you?   Except it sounds like it’s very sudden: I can imagine how shocking it must be.   I know I saw an acquaintance die of Cancer, recently: and another of COPD.   I’d guessed they were coming, but … If you can pass my condolences to the family?   

†        Yeah, you’re kind right, there: I don’t think anything we can would help, Debbi.   I don’t think anything could: except at elections … … … … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Ronald Reagan
Q2) Jordan
Q3) Russia
Q4) Prime Minister Edward Heath
Q5) The Famous Five (I’ve always preferred the Adventure Series and insisted on calling all our budgies Kiki)
Thanks. I knew him mostly in a professional capacity, although he was always approachable and friendly and I can't imagine what his family might be going through (on the surface he seemed to have everything: he sold many books, some had been turned into movies and they had talked about adapting one of his series as well, he won many running championships (he was a long-distance Spanish champion years back and has written about it), his daughter has also started winning races and they have a great relationship... But who knows what goes on inside, I guess? Even in my work it takes us by surprise sometimes. And of course, if somebody is truly determined, they make sure nobody has any inkling of it.
I hope your Saturday is good.

Debbi said...

I just made a short documentary about a local protest. It's a small gesture, but it's something! :)

1. Ronald Reagan (imagine if he'd tweeted that!)
2. Jordan
3. Russia
4. Edward Heath (like myself, born on July 9--different year!)
5. The Famous Five series