Friday 14 April 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th April 2023.

14th April, 2023.

Right … 

I don’t like it.

But … ?

I’ve had an official advance on my benefits: to help with the cost of living.

I don’t like the the idea: one little bit.

But … ?

Needs must, an’ all that.

It’s something I’ve felt I could justify, as:
  • I’m expecting my benefits to increase, this month.
  • I’m expecting the award from the tribunal to go through.
Saying that … ?

I’ve still had no word from the Department of Work and Pensions, about that: despite the actual tribunal being a fortnight ago.

I might just have to make another phone call … 

~≈¥≈~

I’ve just made that call.

And got through, surprisingly fast.

I should be getting a call — from the relevant case worker — by 18:00, today.

Hopefully?

They can clarify what’s happening.

~≈₹≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        According to the World Health Organisation, 14th April is World Chagas Disease Day.   The disease can be caused by a what: kissing bug, snogging tick or or osculating flea?

Q2)        14th April is the feast day of Saint Bénézet.   He’s the patron saint of where: Avignon, Bergerac or Calais?

Q3)        14th April, 2023 is Good Friday. According to whom: Orthodox Churches, the Roman Catholic Church or Protestant churches?

Q4)        Kenneth Noye was convicted of a road-rage murder: on 14th April, 2000.   He’d also served time for his involvement in what: the Great Train Robbery, the Brinks Mat Robbery or the Hatton Garden Heist?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Sarah Michelle Gellar was born on 14th April, 1977.   Her current series sees her battling what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Mass graves were discovered in Katyn Forest: on 13th April, 1943.   The bodies were of military officers, and Prisoners of War, from where: Poland, Germany or Lithuania?
A1)        Poland.

Q2)        Katyn, and its forest, are where: Russia, Poland or Lithuania?
A2)        Russia.

Q3)        The massacre was carried out by Soviet officials.   From which Soviet body: the Army, Navy or Secret Police?
A3)        The NKVD, or Secret Police.

Q4)        The orders for the Massacre were issued by whom: the Politburo, Adolf Hitler or Vidkun Quisling?
A4)        The Politburo.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The State Duma finally blamed Stalin, and other officials, for the Massacre.   When: 1990, 2000 or 2010?
A5)        2010.
Here’s a thought … 
“I have good friends, gay couples, who’ve been together for 18 years.   It drives me crazy that in the eyes of the law, their love isn’ acknowledged when I have girlfriends who have married four times by the age of 25.”
Sarah Michelle Gellar, born on 14th April, 1977.
And a song^ …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        He’s growing up fast, Olga, I know that.   He’s 5’7” (1.7m): and mildly embarrassed about it, as he’s one of the taller kids in his class.   Still, I keep telling him it makes it easy to get to top shelves.
        I’m keeping my fingers crossed on the finances front: the sooner anything gets here, the better!   (The fact someone’s supposed to be contacting me is hopeful.   We’ll have to see how that goes.)

        Hello, Mum!   (The year was 2010, rather than 1990.)

        That he is, Debbi!   He’s the UK host of Eurovision, as well: it makes things interesting.
        Oh, just in case you’re interesting?   There’s a Radio 4 programme called The Reunion: it’s been going for years.   Today’s edition is all about the Good Friday Agreement, which is marking its 25th Anniversary, this year.


^        Am I the only one thinking of Frankie Avalon?



3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Kissing bug
2 Avignon
3 Orthodox churches
4 Brinks Mat robbery
5 Werewolves

Olga said...

Q1) kissing bug

Q2) Avignon

Q3) Orthodox Churches

Q4) the Brinks Mat Robbery

Q5) Werewolves
I hope they don't keep you waiting for the phone call for too long. Fingers crossed! (And yes, there are definitely some advantages to being tall, not that I am very tall, mind you).

Debbi said...

He gets around, doesn't he?

Keeping busy. Good.

Best of luck with the financial business.

1. kissing bug
2. Avignon
3. the Roman Catholic Church
4. the Brinks-Mat Robbery
5. Skeletor (??)

I've never seen the show. :)