Monday 24 April 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24th April 2023.

24th April, 2023.


Right … I’m up early, again.

Frankly?

I have a weight management meeting this morning, which should go well.

I’ve actually lost weight.

I’m blaming the semaglutide, rather of my efforts!

At any rate … ?

I’ve got that … and a meeting my my work coach, this afternoon.

Busy, busy, busy … !

~≈¥≈~

One thing I am grateful for … ?

Is simply the fact that BT, my Internet Service Provider, my ISP, is charging me a cheap rate for my internet connection.

It’s their Home Essentials package, a cheap package designed for those of us on low incomes.

Despite that … ?   And according to this piece on the BBC’s news pages?

People still aren’t taking it up in numbers.

I can only encourage people to do so.

And repeat what the piece tells us, that the following companies are ones that offer the deals:
  • BT
  • EE
  • SMARTY
  • Community Fibre
  • NOW
  • Sky
  • Virgin Media
  • KCOM
  • Hyperoptic
  • G Network
  • VOXI
Chase them up, folks!

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        24th April, 1973, saw the birth of Sachin Tendulkar.   He’s the highest scoring run scorer in one-day-international, and test, what: rugby league, cricket or rugby union … ?

Q2)        Tendulkar is also known as the ‘little … ’ what?

Q3)        Tony Visconti was born on 24th April, 1944.   He found fame as a what: actor, record producer, or cheese dish?

Q4)        Actor, Rory McCann was born on 24th April, 1969.   He played the Hound in which series: The Rings of Power, Game of Thrones or Wednesday?

Q5)        Finally … ?   24th April is the UN sponsored International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for what: peace, quiet or the environment?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        23rd April is UN English Language Day.   23rd April also marks which other UN Language: Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic or French?
A1)        Spanish.

Q2)        23rd April, 2023, will see a national test of one country’s Emergency Alerts service.   In which country: the UK, France or Germany?
A2)        The UK.   (It didn’t get through to people on EE.)

Q3)        23rd April is La Diada de Sant Jordi.   Where: Catalonia, Castile or Aragon?
A3)        Catalonia.

Q4)        The Battle on Clontarf took place: on 23rd April, 1014.   It saw the death of High Brian Boru. Brian Boru of where: England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales?
A4)        Ireland.

Q5)        Finally … ?   23rd April, 1661, saw the coronation of which King: Charles 1st, Charles 2nd or Charles 3rd?
A5)        Charles 2nd.
Here’s a thought …
“Once you’ve won, you want to keep winning.”
Laura Kenny, born 24 April 1992.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        No, it’s on May 4th, Olga: two days after yours!   I swear, my English will get clearer, one day!   We’ll have to see how I can mark it!
        Oh … ‘Entertaining’?   Yes, that does sound suspicious!   If it’s gone quiet, that possibly means the press have lost interest.   Unless the police and courts are involved … ?   I’d imagine the Spanish equivalent of sub judice are as tight as the English ones.

        Hello, Mum!

        It could well be, Debbi!   (The players are troubleshooters: and have hunt out Commie Mutant Traitors.   The fact most player’s characters ARE Commie Mutant Traitors … is incidental … )

4 comments:

trev-v said...

It did get through to People on EE. I am on EE and got my message 2 minutes early at 14.58. Mind you I do have a 5G mast about 150 yards from my front door.

Olga said...

Q1) cricket

Q2) Master

Q3) record producer

Q4) Game of Thrones

Q5) Peace
Good about the weight loss and about the BT internet. I think I told you they offered me a pretty good deal on my mobile when I was there.
4th of May... I'll try and keep it in mind. One of my goddaughters (Alexandra, who lives in Paris) celebrates her birthday on the 2nd of May as well. The other, Marina (who lives here) on the 3rd of May, so those are pretty easy to remember.
I have noticed that news items seem to hold the reporters' and the public's attention for shorter and shorter periods of time. They will pursue it for a few days, and then something else, shinnier and newer, will come along, and we'll never here the end of the story. That scandal I was telling you about... Yes, the entertaining included drinking, drugs, prostitutes... I am not sure about Rock & Roll, but yes, it had all the elements expected. So, if they get away with it...

Freda said...

1 Cricket
2 Master
3 Record Producer
4 Gae of thrones.
5 Peace

Debbi said...

Fascinating, as Spock would say. :)

1. cricket
2. Master
3. record producer
4. Game of Thrones
5. peace