Tuesday 12 September 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12th September 2023.

12th September, 2023.


It’s Tuesday: and … ?

I’m expecting both my nephew: hopefully, we won’t have to walk far, to get dinner.

Before I do that … ?

I’m due to lodge an appeal against a decision by the Department of Work and Pensions: and spent a long time on the phone, yesterday, trying to start the thing off.

Right at the moment, though?

The relevant site’s having issues … 


That’s frustrating!

~≈©≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring nine out of ten.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        12th September is marked as Saragarhi Day.   Marked by whom: Hindus, Sikhs or Jains?

Q2)        In leap years, 12th September is marked by members of the Coptic Orthodox Church as Nayrouz.     In non leap years, the festival’s marked on which date?

Q3)        12th September is the International Day for South-South Cooperation.   According to whom: the United Nations, European Union or the African Union?

Q4)        12th September, 1997, saw one nation of the UK vote for its own Parliament.   Which nation: England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Arbroath FC beat Bon Accord FC, 36-0: on 12th September, 1885.   It was the largest match winning score in a game of football, until when: 2001, 2002 or 2003?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        QI was first broadcast on 11th September, 2003.   QI stands for Quite what?
A1)        Quite Interesting.

Q2)        Who was its original chair: Alan Davies, Stephen Fry or Sandi Toksvik?
A2)        Stephen Fry.

Q3)        Who is its current chair: Alan Davies, Stephen Fry or Sandi Toksvik?
A3)        Sandi Toksvik.

Q4)        Who’s the longest serving panellist: Alan Davies, Stephen Fry or Sandi Toksvik
A4)        Alan Davies.

Q5)        Each series is themed around a what: letter, number or symbol?
A5)        Letter.

Q6)        The show’s last round is called General … what?
A6)        General Ignorance.

Q7)        The show currently airs on which channel: BBC 1, BBC 2 or ITV?
A7)        BBC 2.

Q8)        If you get an answers wrong, you’re interrupted by a what: klaxon, air raid siren or fire alarm?
A8)        A klaxon.

Q9)        There’s two QI spinoffs.   One is QI XL.   What’s the other?
A9)        QI XS.

Q10)        Finally … ?   Only two people — apart from Alan Davies, Stephen Fry and Sandi Toksvik — have appeared on the show the most amount of times.   One is Bill Bailey.   Who’s the other: Phill Jupitus, Jimmy Carr or Jo Brand?
A10)        Phil Jupitus.

Here’s a thought … 
“Not everything everywhere is for us.”
Stanisław Lem, 12 September 1921 – 27 March 2006.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum!   

        The QI Test?   That’s a new one on me, Olga!   At any rate, the show’s still running: I don’t know if you’ll be able to catch it!
        At any rate … ?   The meeting went well: although my weight’s up, slightly, again.   I think I’m going to need to have a word with my GP: the Trulicity’s weight loss properties seem to have been overhyped!

‡        Will do, Debbi!   And you can breathe easily, for the moment: I’ve got no ten question sets planned for now!   (I’ve provisionally pencilled in a pair for the 23rd and 24th of November: Dr Who’s 60th, and The Colour of Magic’s 40th.)

4 comments:

Freda said...

1 Shikh
2 11th September
3 UN
4 Scotland
5 2002

Olga said...

When I checked spin-offs that's what came up. There was also something about versions in other countries but I didn't find the XS. I guess all those have been since I left.
My mother was run over by a car this morning. Thankfully she is fine, but knocked her head, had a small injury, and we've spent all morning in hospital while they checked her over, so I'm running behind with everything.
I hope I can join tomorrow.
Good luck with the appeal and I hope the problems with the site get better. And regards to your nephew.

Nik Nak said...

Run over … !

Bloody hell, I hope she’s OK, Olga!

Debbi said...

Oh, no! Best wishes to your mother, Olga, for a speedy recovery.

1. Sikhs
2. Sept. 11
3. the United Nations
4. Scotland
5. 2002

I am so far behind in everything ... reviews and everything. :)

Cheers!