Wednesday 13 September 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th September 2023.

13th September, 2023.


Right … it’s Wednesday.

And you’re possibly aware I’m trying to claim Personal Independence Payment: or PIP, as it’s also known.

I’ve had what’s called the MRN, the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice.   Which has also been refused.

So I’m trying to lodge an appeal with the court service.

I couldn’t get through on the website, yesterday: as it kept telling me the site was “experience difficulties”.

Indeed, using that link give the same answer, today.

However?

I DID manage to get through, yesterday — once! — using my spare computer.



And the initial stages seem to be showing up.

However?

I think phoning the courts, to make sure of this, could be wise.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

The day also saw Olga‡ leaving us a message.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        13th September is the feast day of Saint John Chrysostom.   He’s a patron saint of where: Constantinople, Ankara or Bursa?

Q2)        13th September, 2008, saw Hurricane Ike make landfall.   Where: Texas, Florida or Louisiana?

Q3)        In non-leap years, 13th September is the Day of The Programmer.   The day was chosen as it’s which day of the year: the 64th, 128th or the 256th?

Q4)        13th September, 2022, saw the death of Jean-Luc Godard.   He was a Franco-Swiss what: film director, record producer or science fiction writer?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Battle of Tel El Kebir was fought on 13th September, 1882.   Between forces from Egypt and where else: the UK, France or Portugal?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        12th September is marked as Saragarhi Day.   Marked by whom: Hindus, Sikhs or Jains?
A1)        Sikhs.

Q2)        In leap years, 12th September is marked by members of the Coptic Orthodox Church as Nayrouz.    In non leap years, the festival’s marked on which date?
A2)        11th September.

Q3)        12th September is the International Day for South-South Cooperation.   According to whom: the United Nations, European Union or the African Union?
A3)        The United Nations.

Q4)        12th September, 1997, saw one nation of the UK vote for its own Parliament.   Which nation: England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland?
A4)        Scotland.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Arbroath FC beat Bon Accord FC, 36-0: on 12th September, 1885.   It was the largest match winning score in a game of football, until when: 2001, 2002 or 2003?
A5)        2002.

Here’s a thought …
“A person is a fool to become a writer.   His only compensation is absolute freedom.   He has no master except his own soul and that, I am sure, is why he does it.”
Roald Dahl, 13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        I know what you mean, Debbi!   I really have to sit down with a film!   Soon!   (What to watch?   I have NO idea … !)

        I hope your mother’s OK, Olga!   Can you pass her my best wishes, please?   And say I hope she recovers soon!   (Debbi left a comment, as well!)

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Constatinople
2 Texas
3 256th
4 Film director
5 UK

Olga said...

Q1) Constantinople

Q2) Texas

Q3) the 256th

Q4) film director

Q5) the UK
Thanks Paul, and thanks to Debby as well. She is OK, thankfully. I have noticed, though, for the last few weeks, that she seems more confused and forgetful. I don't know if it is due to poor sleep because of the heat, and she's also had a cold for over a week or so, but I suspect it might mark a deterioration in her cognitive state. She had a similar period shortly after my father died, and she seemed to recover somewhat, so I am waiting to see how things go, but I am not that hopeful. I have to double-check everything, and it is pretty tiring.
Take care and good luck with the appeal.

Debbi said...

I like your quote. Yes, you have to be a fool to write for money. For sure.

1. Constantinople
2. Texas
3. the 256th day
4. film director (never watch his film "Two or Three Things I Know About Her"! It's horrible)
5. the UK