Tuesday 19 September 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19-9-2023 — Talk Like A Pirate Day.

19th September, 2023: Talk Like A Pirate Day.


Hm … 

It’s Tuesday: you’d noticed, hadn’t you … ?

So?

Well, I’ve got my nephew, this afternoon: videos may well be made.

But it’s also the day after my weight management group.

I’ve lost some weight: which is all to the good.

Especially as I’d gained, in previous weeks.

That’s something good, I think.

~≈Â≈~

I’m on Twitter.

Or X, as it now is.

And … ?

Noticed a piece in the news that tells us Elon Musk is planning to introduces a charge for those of us who have a free account.

Frankly?

I hope it doesn’t: that’s money I can ill afford.

But just so you know?

I’m on Mastodon, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, in case you’re wondering!

~≈Â≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        19th September is Talk Like a Pirate Day.   The day’s founders, John Baur and Mark Summers, are from which US state: Oregon, Washington or California?

Q2)        The day’s been adopted by whom: Pastafarians, Rastafarians or the Church of the Tin Vagabond?

Q3)        Pirate Bay is the world’s most notorious torrent tracking site.   It was originally founded where: Sweden, Denmark or Jamaica?

Q4)        The Jolly Roger was used by some pirates.   It was a what: hat, flag or sail?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The various pirate codes were known as what: codes, rules or articles?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        Old Faithful was named: on 18th September of which year of the 1870s?
A1)        1870.

Q2)        Old Faithful’s a what: geyser, mud pot or fumarole?
A2)        A geyser.

Q3)        Old Faithful spurts what: hot water, hot mud or lava?
A3)        Hot water.

Q4)        Old Faithful is in which US national park: Mesa Verde, Redwood or Yellowstone?
A4)        Yellowstone.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Old Faithful, and the park it’s in, are in which US state: West Virginia, Wisconsin or Wyoming?
A5)        Wyoming.

Here’s a thought …
“The earliest documented instances of piracy were in the 14th century BC, when the Sea Peoples, a group of ocean raiders, attacked the ships of the Aegean and Mediterranean civilisations.”
From the Wikipedia article on piracy.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        It’s certainly that, Debbi!   Oh, did I mention I've got The Bestility of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band on in the background.   They’re still the oddest band the UK produced … … 

2 comments:

Freda said...

1 Oregon
2 Pastafarians
3 Sweden
4 Flag
5 Articles

Debbi said...

I've heard of them. I've probably heard their songs. :)

1. Oregon
2. Pastafarians
3. Sweden
4. flag
5. articles

I think Bill probably told me about them. :)