Sunday, 6 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily — 6-9-2026 — Naomie Harris

6th September, 2026: Naomie Harris.

Right … it’s now an officially quiet Sunday.

And it looks like comments are back to normal.

There’s hoping!

~≈🕸️≈~

I can’t help but notice the news, sometimes.

Including recent reports that tell us Argentina is re-stating its claims to the Falklands Isles.

There’s all sorts of talk about it.

Including about potential military action.

I have my doubts, there: I know times have changed, but we won the last war we had with Argentina.

And I’m very aware that the Argentine president, Javier Milei, is facing an election.

And has made the announcement, after a British-Israeli company announced it would be prospecting for oil off the coast of the islands, at some point.

And if oil was found off the Falklands?

Where would the tax revenue from that oil go?

I’m willing to bet it would go to Britain and Israeli: rather than Argentina.

I think that’s got more to do with Milei’s announcement.

Cherchez la femme.

Follow the money, in other words … 

~≈🕸️≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: scoring ten out of ten in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Naomie Harris was born on 6th September.   Of which year of the 1970s?

Q2)        She played Selena: in which Danny Boyle film?

Q3)        She played Tia Dalma in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.   Tia Dalma was a what: zombi, witch or horse?

Q4)        Naomie played Eve Moneypenny in three James Bond movies.   Who played Bond in those movies?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Naomie played Romana.   In what: Dr Who, Simon and the Witch or Dinotopia?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Muppet Show debuted on 5th September.   Of which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1976.

Q2)        The show was set in a what: cinema, theatre or warehouse?
A2)        Theatre.   (Technically, it was a vaudeville theatre, the US equivalent to a Victorian music hall.)

Q3)        The venue is owned by J. P. Grosse.   Grosse’s nephew, Scooter, works there as a what: gofer, stage hand or lighting technician?
A3)        Gofer.

Q4)        The show is presented by a frog called what?
A4)        Kermit the Frog.

Q5)        That frog was performed by the show’s creator.   Who was that creator: Jim Henson, Jane Henson or Frank Oz?
A5)        Jim Henson.

Q6)        The show’s superstar diva, and the frog presenter’s occasional love interest, was Miss … who?
A6)        Miss Piggy.

Q7)        The show’s band were Dr Teeth and the Electric what: Mayhem, Maynards or Maybellines?
A7)        Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.

Q8)        Who was that band’s drummer?
A8)        Animal.   The drum battle between Animal and Buddy Rich is legendary.

Q9)        The show featured a cookery slot: fronted by which Muppet?
A9)        The Swedish Chef.

Q10)        Finally … ?   Statler and Waldorf would regularly heckle performers.   The pair were named after New York whats: subway lines, hotels or bars?
A10)        Hotels.
Here’s a thought …
“… I’ve always said I will never play a crack addict.”
Naomie Harris.
And an interview …


The next 10 question sets are on 7th and 11th September, and : they’re about Boston, the Nine-Eleven attacks and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Hello, Mum!   (Well done, yesterday: ten out of ten.)

†        As I recall, Debbi, it cam up in my Jim Henson set, a few years ago!   It’s amazing how time flies!   The next batch of monster sets are tomorrow and Tuesday!   I think I’ve got got the issue solved, so you know: so they should go through on the blog, today.   But putting them on the video was helpful!
        (There’s an episode of Reunion on Radio Four, right now, Debbi: about the 9/11 attacks.   I keep meaning to ask if Rick was on duty, that day … )

4 comments:

  1. 1 1976
    2 28 days later
    3 Witch
    4 Daniel Craig
    5 Dr Who

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi, you might want try leaving your comments here, today

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to do so. :)

    1. 1976 (Meanwhile, another country celebrated its bicentenniel. Yeah, I remember the constitution. Fondly. But that's not what's important right now. :) )
    2. 28 Days Later
    3. witch
    4. Daniel Craig
    5. Dinotopia

    I'm really working these digits today!

    And another (non-Doctor Who) Romana! Cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.