Which I’ll take my time updating too, I think: it’s going to be a long process.
I’m told the visual updates to the operating system are quite impressive.
We’ll have to wait and see.
Either way … ?
The updates give me an excuse to by cynical.
And reiterate what I’ve said in today’s introduction video.
OS updates are like buses.
You wait ages for one … then three turn up at once …
~≈🌉≈~
Did I mention I was due a gas safety check, the other day … ?
I was due a gas safety check, the other day.
I was quite happily sitting right here, could see the van — and the engineer — from here … when I got the text message from the team that said the engineer had missed me, and would had rebooked the appointment for the 6th October …
It turned out there was a problem with the intercom connected to the button board at the building’s front door.
At least, that’s what the doorbell engineer my landlord sent, last night, told me.
I think I’m going to be on the phone all day: phoning the engineers, my landlord, the gas check people … …
~≈🔔≈~
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring four out of five.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1)Harun al-Rashid became the fifth Abbasid Caliph on 14th September AD786. His epithet, al-Rashid is usually translated into English as what: ‘the rightly-guided’, ‘the victorious’ or ‘the wise?’
Q2)The Bishop Gore School was founded on 14th September, 1682. It’s one of the UK’s oldest schools, and is in which country of the UK: England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland?
“I do not have a sense of humor of any recognizable sort.”
Tommy Lee Jones, born September 15, 1946.
A song …
And an earworm …
The next ten question set is on 9th October: it’s about The Nightmare Before Christmas.
The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’sTeaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (al-Rashid translates as ‘rightly guided, Mum’. There’s a link in the answer.)
† I think I know who you mean, Debbi! At any rate … did you know they sung “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” at Graham Chapman’s funeral? The song’s never been the same, since. Regardless, I can only hope the disconnected feeling isn’t serious!
Oh, about macOS Golden Gate? Apparently, Apple’s redesigned the mouseover‡ icon. Which you possibly didn’t need to know!
‡ ‘Mouseover’ sounds like a Jewish holiday, Debbi.
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 East Kilbride
ReplyDelete2 Spain
3 Central America
4 Sth Africa
5 Marilyn Monroe
6 Cancer
I'll have to add that to Festivus, as a thing to celebrate. Mouseover. Sounds like something the cat might like. :)
ReplyDelete1. Paisley
2. Spain
3. Central America
4. South Africa
5. Marilyn Monroe
6. cancer