Thursday, 24 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24th September 2026

24th September, 2026.

OK … 

I’ve officially got to go back to the High Street, today: unless I can get something at the shops near Brentwood Station.

Yes: I forgot something, yesterday.

Toilet blocks!

Wouldn’t you know it?

~≈🚽≈~

In other news … ?

I was in Brentwood’s Post Office, yesterday: paying my rent, and paying off my BT bill.

And … ?

Managing to ask if they heard what was to happen, once their branch had closed … 

They had no idea … but were able to confirm that no-one — to the best of their knowledge — had put in to open a new Brentwood branch.

That’s a screaming shame.

Even in a time dominated by online payments, people are still going to need those branches.

~≈📮≈~
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        24th September saw the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints renounce polygamy.   24th September of which year: 1888, 1890 or 1892?

Q2)        24th September is Heritage Day.   Where: Saudi Arabia, South Africa or Zambia?

Q3)        24th September is World Maritime Day.   According to whom: the UN, EU or NATO?

Q4)        24th September is Independence Day.   Where: Guinea, Guinea-Bissau or Guyana?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The OSIRIS-REx capsule landed back on Earth: after returning from 101955 Bennu.   101955 Bennu is a what: comet, meteor or asteroid?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        NCIS debuted on 23rd September.   Of which year: 2002, 2003 or 2004?
A1)        2003.

Q2)        The real world NCIS is a law enforcement body for the US what: Army, Navy or Airforce?
A2)        Navy.

Q3)        Kublai Khan was born on 23rd September, 1215.   He was the first Yuan dynasty emperor of where: Japan, China or Korea?
A3)        China.

Q4)        Walter Pigeon was born on 23rd September, 1897.   He played Dr Edward Morbius in which 1956, science fiction film?
A4)        Forbidden Planet.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Julio Iglesias was born on 23rd September, 1943.   In which Spanish city?
A5)        Madrid.
Here’s a thought …
“All my life I have been an agitator against the conditions … in which my class has been compelled to live and I shall continue to agitate with every means and power I have.”
Bessie Braddock, 24 September 1899 – 13 November 1970.
And a song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 9th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (NCIS debuted in 2003, Mum, rather than 2004.)

        I honestly couldn’t tell you, Debbi … !
        It’s a screaming shame about the Post Office: and the local politicians are using it for political point scoring.   I think politicians will do that, regardless of nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.