Monday 23 February 2009

Oscars, Table, and and serial seriousness



You know, I thought last night might happen …

As many people, myself included,  were expecting, the late Heath Ledger won the Best Supporting Actor award at the 81st Oscar ceremony.   You can see the BBC’s highlighted coverage, here.   And for many, one of the highlights of Heath’s performance is available, here.

I still feel, however, that one aspect to the loss of such a talented and young actor, is the simple fact that his death has overshadowed many other fine performances; – something I’ve blogged about before.

Either way, though, my congratulations, thoughts and prayers are with his family, at this time … a time that could have seen him receiving that statue in person, had events gone differently.

And I should add my congratulations to the rest of the winners at last nights ceremony, as well; – in particular to Kate Winslet, who’s managed to bag her first Oscar.   Here’s to shampoo bottles …

However, I’m going to move from the gongs to the trivial, at this point.

I know, I know, I should make this two separate posts, but this does let me introduce Tuesday nights table round, for your teasing pleasure.

Enjoy …

Q1) Danny Boyle won Best Director, this year; – for which film?


Q2) How many awards DID that Danny Boyle directed film get, in total?


Q3) Ron Howard was nominated for Best Director, and lost to Danny Boyle.   For which film was Ron Howard nominated?


Q4) Exactly how many nominations did “The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button” get, for this year’s Oscars?


Q5) Wall•E” won Best Animated Feature film, this year; – which company made “Wall•E”?


Q6) Kate Winslet finally won an Oscar, for Best Actress, in “The Reader”.   Name any of the other nominees.


Q7) Penelope Cruz won the Best Supporting Actress award; – for which film?


Q8) Sean Penn won the Best Actor gong; — for his performance in which film?


Q9) Who else was heavily tipped for the Best Actor gong, for his role in “The Wrestler”?


Q10) Heath Leadger got the Best Supporting Actor this year for his performance as the Joker, in “Dark Knight”; name any of the other nominees.

No comments: