Sunday, 12 December 2010

Cash: entertainment, with the possibility of Whippets.

You know, I’ve got to admit, right at the moment … ?

Right at the moment, I’m watching the BBC’s film version of Rupert Goold’s cut of MacBe

MacB …

The Scottish play, in other words: I’ll a little superstitious about naming it.

Beautiful thing to be distracted by, given that Patrick Stewart’s in the title role.

Remind me to tell you about it, sometime …

«•»

At any rate, I actually meant to tell you about the movie Movie Night Adrian and I watched, last night.

The problem with that … ?

Is that we ended up nattering happily about all sorts of things.

After we found that the movie we’d been planning to watch, the Christopher Nolan directed Inception, was a damp squib.

I think me and Adrian both decided — after some 17 minutes — that we’d rather do anything else.

Wrestling alligators could’ve been interesting, but Adrian, bless ’im, is coming down with a case of flu.

At any rate, I do know that he, Kevin, and I all got together with a DVD copy of the 2010 independent crime thriller, Ca$h on Thursday night.

And I’m thinking we all agreed it was money well spent.

«•»

Hang on, back in a sec, the Wyrd Sisters are back on …

«•»

Whoops, sorry, it’s the big banqueting scene …

Amazing what you can down with East European comedy records and half a dozen Shakespearean actors …

«•»

Let’s move on to the matter at hand, shall we … ?

Ca$h sees Sean Bean as Pyke Kubic, who’s looking for the fruit of a bank heist originally stolen by his identical twin brother.

And that’s landed up with happily married — but unemployed — couple, Sam and Leslie Phelan: played by Chris Hemsworth and Victoria Profeta.

Pyke … ?

Wants the money back.

And goes about it in a very reasonable way.

Ahem

«•»

Now …

I think I’m going to leave this post here: after all, Patrick Stewart is just warming up.

But speaking of the films I’ve had the chance to see over the past few days … ?

Given the choice of the big budget — and seemingly badly plotted, going by what we saw — Inception, or Ca$h, the little indie movie made with Inception’s tea club money … ?

I’d go for the bone dry humour of Ca$h, any day … !



2 comments:

  1. You mean your watching MACBETH, see nothing has happened.
    MACBETH, MACBETH, MACBETH ... yep i have all my limbs, the world is still spinning, your now free of your irrational fear and I have done my good deed for the day.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.