Wednesday, 15 December 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Phew … !

That’s a relief.

Turns out the person I thought was a spammer, last night, wasn’t.

It was an old work colleague from back in the day, when I worked at Threshers.

Wanting me advice about Apple.

Almost jumped out of me skin …

«•»

At any rate, shall we get moving on … ?

Yes, lets.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw both Trevor and Kaiju putting in their answers: with both bagging 5 out of 5, it also saw Trevor managing to quote Tycho Brahe. And correcting me on a minor point …

Ahem … !

Lets see how they do with today’s questions, shall we … ? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 15th December, 1792, saw the Bill of Rights — the first ten amendments to the US Constitution, in other words — become law when ratified by the Virginia General Assembly: which of those amendments governs a US citizens right to a Trial By Jury … ?


Q2) 15th December, 1945. During the US occupation of Japan, General McArthur ordered the abolition of what: Shintoism, Samurai or the of Emperor … ?

Q3) 15th December, 1984, saw the death of English actor, Lenard Pearce: in which series did he play Edward Trotter?

Q4) 15th December, 2009, saw which new aeroplane make its maiden flight … ?

Q5) And finally … 15th December, 1890, saw which Native American holy man killed, after a clash with police … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 14th December, 2003, saw the capture of Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein, near his home town in Iraq: what was his home town … ?

A1) Tikrit.

Q2) 14th December, 1819, saw which State of America become the 22nd to join the Union … ?
A2) Alabama.

Q3) 14th December, 1999, saw Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga all join … what … ?
A3) The United Nations.

Q4) 14th December, 1969, saw the birth of actress, Natascha McElhone: in which 1998 film did she appear along-side Jim Carey … ?
A4) The Truman Show.

Q5) And finally … 14th December, 1503, saw the birth of which noted French astrologer … ?
A5) Michel de Nostredame: usually better known as Nostradamus.
Enjoy those, everyone. I’ll catch you later …

2 comments:

  1. Q1 Sixth Amendment
    Q2 Shintoism
    Q3 Only Fools and Horses
    Q4 Boeing 787 Dreamliner
    Q5 Sitting Bull

    Trevor

    “I have some women friends but I prefer men. Don't trust women. There is a built-in competition between women.”

    “I'm an Irish Catholic and I have a long iceberg of guilt.”

    “Recollection is not something that I can summon up, it simply comes and I am the servant of it.”

    “The vote means nothing to women. We should be armed.”

    “Writers really live in the mind and in hotels of the soul.”

    “Writing is like carrying a fetus”

    Quotes by Edna O'Brien (Irish Writer) born 15 December 1930)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Fifth Amendment
    2. Samurai
    3. "Only Fools and Horses...."
    4. 787 Dreamliner
    5. Sitting Bull, a Hunkpapa Lakota Sioux

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.