Saturday, 3 November 2012

The Pact — That’s … … interesting … 

2/11/2012

I’ve got to admit, I’ve actually got tonight’s episode of QI on, at the moment.

And happily laughing aware, merrily.

And at the same points I did the first time around.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, it’s not a repeat: it’s actually the one I and my youngest sister — my nephew, Jude’s mum, Ruth — saw being recorded a few months ago.

Fascinating to see it again: although it has to be said, John Sessions couldn’t half go on … !

At ANY rate … ?

That’s not quite what I meant to start telling you about.

Nope … !

I was going to start telling you about the film I rented from iTunes, tonight.   The 2012 release, The Pact.

««·»»

3/11/2012

And when I say interesting … 

Directed by first timer, Nicholas McCarthy, The Pact sees Annie — played by Caity Lotz — returning to her old home for the funeral of her mother.

But also to meet her sister, Nicole*: who has disappeared, along with her cousin Lizª.

In trying to find them … ?   In trying to find them, Annie has to go for some unconventional routes: including to a local policeman (Creek, Casper van Dien) and local medium, Stevie (Haley Hudson).

All of THAT … ?

All of that leading to finding that an old friend of her mother is now a LATE old friend.

And — like some of the ghosts I can remember reading about in my childhood — that old friend want’s Annie to find her killer: the serial killer known as Judas … 

««·»»

Now, I said interesting … ?

It’s definitely that.

It’s ALSO definitely a first time effort: but one that certainly does a lot better — and has a lot more budget — than the last first-timer I saw, the 2011 film, Absentia.

Personally … ?

Personally,  I’m thinking The Pact isn’t stunning.

But IS a nicely polished hour and a half’s worth of entertainment.
The Pact.   
★★☆☆















*        Agnes Bruckner.

ª        Kathleen Rose Perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.