Friday, 15 March 2013

The Daily Teaser — 15-3-2013

Oh, my word … !

It’s nippy … !

No, seriously … !

It’s March — obviously — and the weather, so far, has been decidedly mixed.

We had snow, Monday and Tuesday.   Wednesday and Thursday were chilly, but sunny.

Today … ?

We’ve 100% cloud cover, my front room feels like an icehouse … and I’m willing to bet it’s going to be blowy out.

Let’s get moving on, shall we?   That’ll be a good way of keeping warm … !

~~≈≈~~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers*: along with letting us know authors have problems, too, she ALSO bagged 5 out of 5.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s themed questions, shall we … ?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 15th March, 44BC, saw the assassination of Julius Cæsar: by a group of Roman what … ?
Q2) More to the point, in which Roman building was this: The Senate, the Theatre of Pompey or the Circus Maximus … ?
Q3) At the time of Cæsar’s death was he Dictator, Emperor or Consul … ?
Q4) At the time of his death, Cæsar was the effective leader of what: the Roman Republic or the Roman Empire … ?
Q5) And finally … which successor of Cæsar’s eventually became known — to us, anyway — as Rome’s first Emperor … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 14th March, 2012, saw three towns given city status for the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: name one of them.
A1) Chelmsford, Perth and St Asaph.
Q2) The same day — 14th March, 2012 — saw the International Criminal Court issue a guilty verdict against Thomas Lubanga Dyilo.   Of his military use of what … ?
A2) Child soldiers.
Q3) 14th March, 1984, saw Sinn Fein President, Gerry Adams shot: in which city … ?
A3) Belfast.
Q4) 14th March, 1958, saw the birth of Albert 2nd of Monaco: what’s the name of Monaco’s Royal House … ?
A4) Grimaldi.
Q5) And finally … 14th March, 1885, saw the first performance of which Gilbert and Sullivan opera … ?
A5) The Mikado: Or, The Town of Titipu
I’ll leave you with this quote from Julius himself …
“Veni, vidi, vici.”
Julius Cæsar, July 100 BC – 15 March 44 BC
And with this aria — performed by countertenor, David Lee — from the operetta, Giulio Cesare in Egitto, by G. F. Handel … 


Enjoy the day: and let’s all try and avoid the conspirators … !








*        Yeah … You’ve got to love multiple choice, haven’t you Debbi … ?   Especially when it’s only got HALF the choices in it … !

1 comment:

  1. You've got that right, Paul! :)

    1. senators
    2. the Theatre of Pompey
    3. Dictator
    4. the Roman Republic
    5. Augustus

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.