Tuesday, 1 April 2014

The Daily Teaser — 1-4-2014: April Fooools … !

Right, now … It’s a Tuesday … 

OK, you’ve worked that out: and the fact it’s April Fool’s Day.

As has Neville the Editor of the Brentwood Gazette.

He’s just announced that reality ‘star’, Joey Essex, is to get a great big bronze statue in his honour: in the middle of Brentwood High Street.

Very believable.

After all, Brentwood’s councillors would never agree on which way it’s supposed to be pointing … !

~≈Â≈~



At ANY rate, let’s get a move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* Put in her answers: and scoring eight out of ten.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s slightly silly questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How ToLicense and video … 

Q1) In 2007, sculptor and illusion designer, Dan Baines, came up with a fake, dead what, for April Fools Day … ?
Q2) 2005 saw Google announce a fake drink, as an April Fool’s day joke: called Google what … ?
Q3) 31st March, 1989, saw an APPARENT UFO land in a field in Surrey.   It was, in fact, a balloon built by which British millionaire … ?
Q4) April 1st, 2008, saw the definitive BBC report … on flying what … ?
Q5) Finally … 1st April, 1972, saw claims the dead body of what, had been found … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 31st March, 1930, saw the institution of what’s informally called the Hays Code: effectively, a form of censorship in the US.   Over what: radio programmes, movies or TV shows?
A1) Movies.
Q2) The Code famously had a number of ‘Don’ts’: including a ban on ‘licentious or suggestive … ’ what … ?
A2) Nudity.
Q3) The Code also warned those it governed about airing what it called ‘Third Degree’ methods.   In other words, severe forms of what: murder, masonic ritual or interrogation … ?
Q4) Which Marlene Dietrich vehicle was the first to be passed — with no edits, I should add — under the Hays Code … ?
Q5) Name any of the movie ratings used: in the US … 
A5) G, PG, PG13, R, and NC17.
Q6) Name any of their equivalents: in the UK.
A6) Uc, which is now retired, U, PG, 12a, 12 15, 18 and R18usually only found in licensed sex shops.
Q7) Who regulates video games in the UK … ?
A7) The VSG, or Video Standards Council.
Q8) The equivalent in the US is the ESRB: what dies the S stand for in ESRB … ?
A8) Software.
Q9) Cleanfeed is used by BT, and others, as a content monitoring system in the UK.   Monitoring content accessed through what … ?
A9) The internet.
Q10) Finally … in what year of the 1960s did the Hays Code stop being used … ?
A10) 1968.
I’ll leave you with this song from the artist formerly known as ‘Squiggle’ … 


And this quote …
“As soon as you realize everything's a joke, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.”
Alan Moore, writing as The Comedian, in The Watchmen.
Have a good day: remember, don’t be too fooled.










*        Got to admit, Debbi, I came off Pinterest, quite some time ago: too many social sites, not enough time!   (And not enough silly games, like Zuma: I’m getting WAY too fond of Zuma … !)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Pinterest has limited uses, but I've found a few.

    1. fairy
    2. Gulp
    3. Richard Branson
    4. penguins
    5. the Loch Ness Monster

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.