You know, SOMEWHERE out there … ?
Is a universe where I get to bed sensibly early, the night before I’m due to go into work.
Oh, to hell with it.
I’ve done dafter things: trust me on that!
I DO know one thing, though.
That tonight is a night I had free.
Tonight is ALSO a night where broadcast TV had nothing appealing on.
You’ve possibly worked out — by now — that means I’ve hit the streaming media, again.
You’d be right.
I’ve caught episodes five and six, of the first series of The Strain.
And yes … it’s still watchable …
~≈Â≈~
Episode 5 — Runaways — sees Eph and Abraham — Corey Stoll and David Bradley — heading for the home of Ansel Arnot: Abraham wants to destroy another body, whilst Eph wants to make he films what happens. He wants proof of what’s happening for his boss at the CDC’s New York HQ: so that someone will order a quarantine in New York.
He gets evidence.
Only to find his boss has called in the FBI: to investigate why Eph has apparently killed Captain Redfern.
Meanwhile … ? Meanwhile, urologist, Dr. Evanston, is visiting Gabriel Bolivar*: see if she can help figure out what’s happened to his long gone genitals. It’s only when Gabriel’s manager, Ruby, hears a scream, she realises that Gabriel is not quite the man he was.
Joan† — the fourth survivor of the plane — is back at home with her two children. And deteriorating enough that the family many decides getting the kids away from the family home would be a good idea.
In amongst this … ? Vasily Fet, Rat catcher extraordinary, is exploring the sewer: on to find the rats are leaving … as the bodies from the plane are now active.
And Nora goes to visit her mother, in a care home specialising in Alzheimer’s victims … when the place is attacked …
~≈Â≈~
Episode 6 — Occultation — opens with The announcement that New York is in the path of an eclipse: something the strigoi‡ are looking forward to.
Two FBI agents stop at the home which Eph had shared with his now estranged wife, Kelly: only to arrest him, when he finally arrives.
Abraham arrives at another victims home: only to find that a funeral had been happening. He deals with the nest of Strigoi, there: only to lose his heart medication in the process.
Gus, along friend and fellow reformed gangster, Felix, are blackmailed by Eichhorst: into disposing of Captain Redfern’s body. Working with Jim Kent, they throw it into the Hudson.
After his arrest … ? The only thing Eph can do is offer to show the FBI agents who’ve arrested him, proof of his story. They take him up on that: and head out in a cab, so he can direct them.
Of course … That’s when the eclipse kicks off.
You can tell things are getting hairy, can’t you … ?
~≈Â≈~
Now …
You can TELL I’m finding this very watchable, can’t you?
After all, this is the third night I’ve spent watching The Strain: and frankly?
I’m loving it.
As soon as I’ve seen the next episodes?
I’ll let you know … !
* Played by Jack Kesy.
† Leslie Hope.
‡ Abraham Setrakian uses the term in Episode Five, to describe the creatures. The term is an old Romanian one: referring to a creature that drinks blood

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.