Wednesday 2 November 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-11-2016: BBC1

Oh, BOY, but I’m yawning … !

But that’s what happens when you’re up late, chatting to people on Facebook.

You get … 

Well, you get a hell of a tired feeling in the morning!

Still … it could be a lot worse … 

I could’ve forgotten to put my alarm on … !

~≈Ê≈~

Oh … 

Did I mention that I had a haircut … ?

I had a haircut!

Granted, that’s not necessarily the first thing you’ll want to know in the morning.

But, BOY … 

I was starting to get shaggy … !

~≈Ê≈~

But let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring six out of six in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) TV channel, BBC 1, began broadcasting: on 2nd November of which year?
Q2) The channel was then called the BBC Television … what?
Q3) Which palace was the channel originally broadcast from?
Q4) The BBC 1 was re-named ‘BBC Television’, when: 1959, 1960 or 1961?
Q5) It was renamed ‘BBC One’ in 1964.   When the BBC introduced what?
Q6) The station was based in White City, in London, for many years.   In a building called what?
Q7) The channel started its colour broadcasting in 1969.   Starting with a colour broadcast of a concert by whom: Sandie Shaw, Petula Clark or Dusty Springfield?
Q8) BBC 1’s best known soap opera started in 1983.   What’s the name of that soap opera?
Q9) When did the BBC launch the high definition version of BBC 1: 2009, 2010 or 2011?
Q10) Donald Baverstock was the original, and Charlotte Moore the current, holder of which BBC post?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 1st November is All Saints Day.   Name any one member of the band, All Saints.
A1) Shaznay Lewis, Melanie Blatt, Nicole Appleton or Natalie Appeton.
Q2) Puerto Rican nationalists attempted to assassinate the US president: on 1st November, 1950.   Which US president?
Q3) 1st November, 1838, saw the birth of Khedrup Gyatso.   His Holiness was the eleventh person to hold which Tibetan post?
A3) Dalai Kama.
Q4) During the Vietnam War, 1st November, 1966, saw the Viet Cong bomb the South Vietnamese capital city.   What city was it?
A4) Saigon.
Q5) More to the point, that city is now called what?
Q6) Finally … Alfred Wegener was born: on 1st November, 1880.   He’s the scientist who came up with the theory of continental … what?
A6) Continental drift.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“When I was a kid, I wrote to the BBC, and the producers sent me a huge package through the post with Doctor Who scripts.   I’d never even seen a script and couldn’t believe that they actually wrote this stuff down.   It sort of opened a door.”
Peter Capaldi.
And this tune† … 


Oh … And the first song played on the BBC’s new TV service … 


Have a good day … 






*        Oh, I’m reading The Farthest Shore, Debbi: is it me, or is Le Guin’s prose amazing?

†        Mike Myers, himself, never actually worked for the BBC: but was a presenter on the Wide Awake Club, on ITV.

2 comments:

Debbi said...

It is. Absolutely! :)

1. 1936
2. Service
3. Alexandra Palace
4. 1960
5. BBC2
6. BBC Television Centre
7. Petula Clark
8. EastEnders
9. 2010
10. Controller

Olga said...

Q1) 1936
Q2) Service
Q3) Alexandra Palace
Q4) 1960
Q5) BBC2
Q6) BBC Television Centre
Q7) Petula Clark
Q8) EastEnders (1985 it seems though…)
Q9) 2010
Q10) Controller of BBC1
I also had my hair cut (finally). I'm still doing a fair bit of running around but I'll try and catch up when I can.