Sunday 18 June 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18-6-2017

*Yawn*

You can’t tell I’m tired, now can you … ?

I am, though.

And seriously thinking I want to go back back to bed.

Thankfully?

I’ve got a day off, today.

 Which means I can have a sneaky snooze, later.

Once I’ve done the shopping, laundry, teaser, tidied the flat, had breakfast, shaved, showered … … 

~≈®≈~

Did I mention I’m working, at the mo?

Not literally right now: I’d never be able to get to Nik Nak’s Old Peculiar from a work pc.

But I’ve a job: at a call centre.   That takes calls for various social landlords, amongst other.

One of those others?

Is the Greater London Authority.

Usually?

We take the press calls: and direct anyone else to the relevant webpage or local council.

What we do with the real weirdoes, though?

Is a case by case thing.   I had to tell one woman, last night, that her suggestions to use pre-fabs to house the homeless of Grenfell Tower was good: but that she might want to email it over to Mayor Khan.   In another?   We had a chap demanding to know what the Mayor was doing to get the Royal Family to help.

You couldn’t make it up … 

~≈®≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The UK’s government introduce a blood alcohol limit for drivers: on 18th June of which year?
Q2) 18th June saw the defeat of Napoleon: at the Battle of Waterloo.   In which year?
Q3) What did Columbia introduce, on 18th June, 1948: the LP, the CD or EP?
Q4) Who’s body was found under Blackfriars Bridge: on 18th June, 1982?
Q5) Finally … What did Captain Samuel Wallis become the first European to sight: on 18th June, 1767?   Tahiti, Tasmania or Iapetus?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Third Estate turned into the National Assembly: on 17th June, 1789.   In which country?
A1) France.
Q2) The Sakura Maru docked in Tilbury: on 17th June, 1964.   The ship was a floating trade fair.   From where: China, Vietnam or Japan?
A2) Japan.
Q3) British forces saw heavy loses on 17th June, 1775: during the Battle of Bunker Hill.   The Battle took place during the American … what?
A3) Revolution.   (I’m also guessing Debbi, our one US regular, will know the War as the War of Independence: it is, I’m told, the US term for the War.)
Q4) Which country declared itself independent: on 17th June, 1944?
A4) Iceland.
Q5) Finally … 17th June, 1898, saw the birth of artist, M. C. Escher.   Which country was he from: The Netherlands, Germany or Belgium?
Here’s a song … 


And a thought …
“What a fucking great band we were.”
Paul McCartney, born 18th June, 1942.
Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.   And have a snooze for me!



*        You know, I keep meaning to pick one of Olga’s up, Debbi!   I’ve done a review of yours, it only seems fair to do a review of hers!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1965
Q2) 1815
Q3) The LP
Q4) Roberto Calvi
Q5) Tahiti

I hope you can have a bit of a rest. I think your two callers might be onto something. I'm sure the Royal Family could offer some of their lands to house people who need it (or even some of the palaces and castles they are not currently occupying).
Have Debby and you been talking about me? I hope to read more of Debbie's books soon. Do not worry about reading my books. I see you're very busy. In any case, a couple of them are available for free, but if you fancy any others just let me know.

Debbi said...

Indeed! Well worth reading! :)

1. 1965
2. 1815
3. the LP
4. Roberto Calvi
5. Tahiti