Friday 24 November 2017

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24th November, 2017.

Ah HA!

It looks like it’s holding!

I don’t know about you, but I ten to rely on Wikipedia for writing both the Teaser, and the  quizzes I wrote for the pub quizzes I ran.

But could never afford — for much of the time — to make a donation.

I have, however, made a positive contribution.

You see the screen shot of the Wikipedia page for the 21st November?

The entry about Robert Mugabe’s resignation?

That woz me, wot dun it!

Ahem!


In other words, it was me that created the entry, flagged up the fact on the relevant talk page … and is desperately hoping it’s still there in a years time.

Frankly?

I’m enough of an tart for the attention, to go Wheeeeeeeeeeee … ! whenever I see the page: and that my bit’s still there.

But on a more serious note?

It’s nice to know that a contribution I’ve made, is still in place,

I just hope it’s still there, next year.

It’s be nice to use it as the basis for a 2018 question.

And it’s nice to make a positive contribution, however small.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga† and Debbi‡, putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 24th November, 1991, saw the death of Queen frontman, Freddie Mercury.   Which Mercury penned, Queen song, did Kenny Everett say ‘would be number one for centuries’?
Q2) 24th November, 1990 saw the death of writer, Dodie Smith.   Which of her novels was turned into a 1961 Disney movie?
Q3) 24th November, 1947, saw the birth of actor, Dwight Schultz.   Which member of The A-Team is he?
Q4) Egyptian commandoes stormed a hijacked Egyptian plane: on 24th November, 1985.   The plane was on which island?
Q5) Finally … The Texas Provision Government authorized a mounted Texan police force.   That force is known as the Texas … whom?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 23rd November, 1963, saw the broadcast of the first episode of Dr Who.   That first episode was called An Unearthly … what?
A1) An Unearthly Child.
Q2) The 2017 Christmas day episode of Dr Who is called … what?
Q3) The episode re-visits the First Doctor: originally played by William Hartnell.  Who’s playing the first doctor in the Christmas special?
Q4) The episode is the Twelfth Doctor’s last appearance.   Who plays the Twelfth Doctor?
Q5) Finally … The Thirteenth Doctor is due to make her first appearance in the Christmas episode.   Who plays the Thirteenth Doctor?
Here’s a thought …
“Apparently, women need to feel loved to have sex, and men need to have sex to feel loved, so the basic act of continuing the species requires a lie from one of you.”
Billy Connolly, born 24 November 1942.
And, as it’s Candy Darling’s birthday, I’ll leave you with the one song I know that mentions her … 


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a nice day …




*        I don’t think I ever watched Dr Who from behind the sofa, Trevor.   The Herbs, on the other hand, that the BBC had on permanent repeat when I was a kid?   Scared the bejeebers out of me.   I think it’s because the creatures looked artificial.   THAT had me hiding behind the sofa.


†        I have to admit, Olga, I did some more Teaser videos, yesterday: but marked the day by putting Genesis of the Daleks on.   It’s possibly the best of the original series: although I don’t know if Debbi or Trevor would agree with me.   (After all this time?   Michael Wisher’s performance as Davros is still the one to aim for: the contempt he manages to put into the word, ‘democracy’ is quite something …)   I have to admit, I’m hoping all the tests show is I need to up my Levothyroxine …


‡        I don’t see why not, Debbi.   Director, Rachel Talalay, is from Chicago, originally: and has quite the career behind her.   I think the big thing’s the budget, Debbi, rather than nationality: I’ve picked up the impression that the first thing the show runner’s do, is a bit of costing.   (Oh, she’s directed this year’s Christmas special …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Bohemian Rhapsody
Q2) The Hundred and One Dalmatians
Q3) Captain "Howling Mad" Murdock
Q4) Malta
Q5) Rangers (now the Texas Rangers Division)
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you are right about the tests (when I'm not typing). Have a great day (I'm not intending to buy anything on this Black Friday. I have more things than I can take with me when I move already!)

Debbi said...

That's fantastic! Budget is always an issue with film and TV, so it's understandable. :)

I'll have to see how the shows play out under new supervision.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
2. The Hundred and One Dalmatians
3. Captain H. M. "Howling Mad" Murdock
4. Malta
5. Rangers