Monday 25 February 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 25-2-2019: Gimme Shelter.

25th February, 2019.


Well, I never … 

That’s another set of statistics to add to the list … 

The list, in question?   Being the long list of of Oscar winners for 2019.

Speaking as a former pub quiz-master?

I’m aware there’s going to be more than a few QMs who’ll be frantically adding questions to their sets.

I’ve just added to to my collection ton, myself.

At any rate … ?

It’s nice to know Olivia Colman’s done well.

And nice to see that Rami Malek’s grabbed the Best Actor gong.

Now … 

Does any one know what series four of Mr Robot hits our screen?

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The first Anderson air raid shelter went into operation, in the UK: on 25th February of which year?
Q2) The shelter were important: during which war?
Q3) During that war, many Londoners sheltered in what?
Q4) The standard six person Anderson shelter was made of corrugated … what?
Q5) Finally … the Anderson shelters were complimented by indoor table shelters: called what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 24th February is the Ancient Roman festival of Regifugium.   It marks the flight from Rome of the last Roman … what?
A1) King.   (That last king was Tarquinius Superbus.)
Q2) A new type of Penny Red was issued: on 24th February, 1854.   It was the first stamp … with what?
Q3) 24th February, 1948, saw the birth of Tim Staffell: the guitarist for a band called Smile.   That band — after Tim left — evolved into which English rock band?
A3) Queen.
Q4) More than seventy roads in the UK were blocked by snow: on 24th February of which year … ?
A4) 1955.
Q5) Finally … ?   24th February, 2018, saw the death of actress, Sridevi.   She was the highest paid star in which country’s film industry … ?
A5) India’s.
Here’s a thought …
“As I ran, I looked ahead and realised a bomb had made an almost a direct hit on an Anderson shelter. As I got near, I realised our neighbours, the Worthington family, were all trapped inside. Instinctively, I started digging into the rubble with my bare hands.”
Betty Popkiss, air-raid survivor, speaking to the Independent, in The Blitz: Survivors’ stories.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Glad to hear that went well, Badwolf!   Hmmm … is there any way you could do some buying and selling on Ebay?   Things like individual Magic: The Gathering cards could do well.   Chaos Orb and Black Lotus STILL go for silly money … !   (YE GODS!   I could buy my flat for that!)

†        It’s ok, I’ve modified it, Debbi: it’s roads in the UK, of course.   (I’ve just looked up the price of a rare, collectible card, Debbi.   Dear GODS!)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)1939(2)World War II (3) underground stations (4) steel panels(5)Morrison shelter.
Thank you for the idea, I need to think of something, I registered for this geting paid for online surveys for either I'm using the wrong site or its load rubbish. I also looked for packaging from home jobs like pockets money but no luck at the moment. Thank you any ideas are appreciated

Debbi said...

Goodness! Yeah, I kind of figured the UK, but ... just thought I'd check. :-D

1. 1939
2. World War II
3. the Underground
4. steel panels
5. the Morrison shelter

Anonymous said...

1- 1939
2- WW2
3- Underground tube stations
4- steel
5- table????? I'm not sure about that one
Lucy