Wednesday 13 February 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th February, 2019

13th February, 2019.


Yep: I’ve been reading quite a bit, just recently.

Frankly?

I think the new spectacles are helping, there.

Right at the moment?

The proverbial book at bed time is Eric Idle’s autobiography.

He’s funny: he IS a Python, after all.

But boy … Eric Idle can’t half name drop … 

~≈§≈~

Oh … just as an afterthought … ?

I’ve actually lined up an interview on the 26th: at Romford Magistrates Court.

That’s the first in a couple of weeks, I know that.

I think there’s a phone assessment, first, though: but we’ll have to see.

~≈§≈~

Just as a final thought … ?

I actually had enough saved up to order a very cheap DVD copy of Der Golem from Amazon.

Which didn’t turn up when it was due: on Monday just gone.

And the third party seller who sold it to me?

Hasn’t got back to me.

You can bet there’s a Jeffmail going off … 

At some point … !

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 13th February, 2017, saw Kim Jong-nam assassinated at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.   On — apparently — the orders of his brother.   Who was that brother … ?
Q2) 13th February, 1462, saw the signing of the Treaty of Westminster.   Between the Edward 4th of England, and whom: the Scottish monarch, the Pope or the Lords of the Isles?
Q3) The Gerboise Bleue nuclear tests took place: on 13th February, 1960.   These tests meant which country became a nuclear power … ?
Q4) 13th February, 1967, saw the Madrid Codices discovered by American researchers: in the National Library of Spain.   Who authored those codices?
Q5) Finally … ?   The Communist Party of the Soviet Union named its new General Secretary on 13th February, 1984.   Who was he?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Pope Francis co-signed a Ecumenical Declaration on 12th February, 2016: with the Patriarch of Moscow.   Who was that Patriarch?
Q2) Two year old James Bulger was kidnapped and killed on 12th February, 1993.   Which film about The killing, has been Oscar nominated, this year?
Q3) The UK AEA was established on 12th February, 1954.   It’s the body that regulates the use of what in the UK?
A3) Atomic, or nuclear, energy: the body’s full name is the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority.
Q4) 12th February, 1809, saw the birth of The 16th President of The USA.   Who was he … ?
Q5) Finally … ?   According to the UN, today is Red Hand Day.   In other words, the International Day against the Use of what?
Here’s a thought …
“The fact that we are I don’t know how many millions of people, yet communication, complete communication, is completely impossible between two of those people, is to me one of the biggest tragic themes in the world.”
George Simenon, 13 February 1903 – 4 September 1989.
And a song by Pete Tork …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        You know, I never though of looking for them on audio, @Badwolf: I think there’s some on Amazon!   (One of my exes was dyslexic: she had a bigger IQ than me, too.   Apparently, intelligence and dyslexia go together.)


†        Well, I’ve got an interview coming up, Olga: I can only hope … !   Hmmm … quite what’s happening with the links, I don’t know: but I usually find using the ‘A’ tags turns from line one to line too, in the picture.

‡        I think that’s what caught me, Debbi: that really loud cover!   They toned it for the second edition: hell of a disappointment, that!   The second edition DOES have an introduction from Michael Moorcock, though.   (These days?   That’s the equivalent of having an intro done by Mickey Spillane.)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Kim Jong-Un (2) John of Islay, Lord of the Isles. (3) France(4) Leonardo da Vinci(5) Konstantin Chernenko

Olga said...

Good luck with the interview, Paul. I'm finding that this course I have more students and don't have time with the correcting and everything else, so I wanted to let you know that I will probably not be able to participate very often (trying to fit everything in is complicated) but I didn't want you to worry.
I'll try and keep an eye on the job news and come by when I can.
All the best.

Debbi said...

That's quite a comparison. :)

1. Kim Jong-un
2. Lord of the Isles
3. France
4. Leonardo da Vinci
5. Konstantin Chernenko