Monday 11 February 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th February, 2019

11th February, 2019.


Yes: it’s a Monday morning … 

And it’s nose back to the proverbial grindstone time.

As you possibly know, right now, I’m jobhunting.

And, after some three months?

It’s getting frustrating.

There’s quite a few jobs I’ve applied for, that keep showing up.

Regardless of the fact I’ve already had a rejection email.

Those make for mildly depressing reading, actually: the one’s I get usually tell me “we’ve picked a candidate who was a better fit for our requirements.”

Which does put you off asking for feedback … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi on ten out of ten, and Badwolf on five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 11th February, 2013, saw the Vatican confirm that whom would resign at the end of the month.
Q2) Amadeo 1st abdicated: on 11th February, 1873.   As king of where … ?
Q3) 13th February, 55AD, saw the death of Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus.   Whose son was Britannicus?
Q4) 11th February, 1808, saw Jesse Fell start an experiment: to burn what on an open grate?
Q5) Finally … 11th February, 1932, saw The birth of the honourable Member of Parliament for Bolsover.   Who is he … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 10th February was the launch of HMS Dreadnought.   In which year?
A1) 1906.
Q2) The Dreadnought was launched by Britain’s them monarch.   Who was that monarch?
Q3) The ship was part of Britain’s Royal what?
A3) Navy.
Q4) It was also a member of the what: Home Fleet, Western Fleet or Far East Fleet?
A4) The Home Fleet.
Q5) The Dreadnought launched from a Naval dockyard where: Bristol, Portsmouth or Liverpool?
Q6) The building of the Dreadnought triggered an arms race between the UK … and where?
A6) Germany.
Q7) The ship had a uniform main battery.   In other words, all its what were the same size?
A7) Guns.
Q8) The Dreadnought was the first powered by what: nuclear generators, steam turbines or paddle wheels?
Q9) The HMS Dreadnought had a range of guitars named after it: guitars made by which company?
A9) CF Martin.
Q10) Finally … The HMS Dreadnought had a type of battleship named after it.   WHAT type of battleship?
A10) The Dreadnought.
Here’s a thought …
“I’m afraid if I don’t keep moving, they’re going to catch me … I am 81 years old and I want to see what’s around the corner, and I don’t see any reason in the world not to keep working.”
Leslie Nielsen, 11 February 1926 – 28 November 2010.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Morning, Badwolf … um … I think we missed a few … ?   Usually, I say the word ‘finally’ on the last question … (Oh, there’s a lot of the old Target books on Amazon!)

†        It wasn’t the glasses that got me with the stewardesses, Olga: it was the BIG hair … !   At ANY rate … ?   This set seems to be going down well.   Yes, respecting politicians … Arch Brexiteer, Boris Johnson, has just been on the radio: and assures us there’s a Brexit plan.   I’d love to know what the HELL it is.   (Oh … You do know how easy putting a link into a comment on Blogger is?   I’ve included a screenshot, too.   That’ll work on Debbi’s Wordpress comments, too.)


‡        You’ve done well, there, Debbi: as ever.   (Oh, I’ve been floating around Amazon, just recently, as I’ve had a refund.   They’ve got some of the old Target Dr Who books!)

4 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)Benedict XVI (2)Spain (3Claudius)(4) anthracite (5) Dennis Skinner
I didn't realise 10 questions yesterday mind on the planet Bek all apologies

Olga said...

Q1) Pope Benedict XVI
Q2) Spain
Q3) Claudius
Q4) Anthracite
Q5) Dennis Skinner
It's easier on Wordpress, where you can just cut and paste and it recognises it's a link, actually but hey, each to its own. I never see anybody's comments when I check your blog, so not sure there's much of a point, not sure if it's because I'm not a blogger commenter.

Olga said...

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention job seeking. I hope you get lucky soon, but you're right. Very frustrating and no much point in asking for feedback, it seems.

Debbi said...

Well, that's nice.

1. Pope Benedict XVI
2. Spain
3. Claudius
4. anthracite
5. Dennis Skinner