Tuesday 26 February 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th February, 2019.

26th February, 2019.


Right … 

Before my mouse runs out of go … ?

Today’s earworm is the Madison Avenue tune, Don’t Call Me Baby.


Why the hell I’ve woken up with Australia’s finest working it’s way through my head, I really don’t know.

But … ?

I usually find the only way to get rid of them, is to pass them on!

~≈§≈~

The OTHER thing … ?

I’ve got another interview, today.

In Romford, wouldn’t you know?

Now … if you ask me if I’m nervous?

I’d have to say yes.

I’d also have to say “I don’t want to go”: but that’s the nerves, again.

Either way … ?

Wish me luck.

~≈§≈~

As another thought … ?

I read this piece on the BBC’s website, yesterday.

About how poorly parked cars in the Essex town of Rowhead had blocked access for emergency vehicles.

Personally?

That street’s got my sympathies.

As I’ve been saying emergency vehicle access down my street is just as bad … for the past decade … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† and Lucy‡ putting in their answers: with Badwolf and Debbi scoring scoring five out of five: with Lucy on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Keddies closed on 26th February, 1996.   The department store was in which Essex coastal town?
Q2) Four years later: 26th February, 2000, saw the UK government attempt to gag whistleblower, David Shayler.   Shayler was a former officer for … whom … ?
Q3) 26th February, 1929, saw President Calvin Coolidge sign the executive Order that established the Grand Teton National Park.   That park is in which state?
Q4) Scientist, Robert Watson-Watt, arranged a demonstration: on 26th February, 1935.   The demo led to Britain’s development of what?
Q5) Finally … ?   26th February, 2013, saw what crash, near Luxor, in Egypt?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The first Anderson air raid shelter went into operation, in the UK: on 25th February of which year?
A1) 1939.
Q2) The shelter were important: during which war?
Q3) During that war, many Londoners sheltered in what?
A3) The London Underground: also known as the Tube.
Q4) The standard six person Anderson shelter was made of corrugated … what?
A4) Steel.
Q5) Finally … the Anderson shelters were complimented by indoor table shelters: called what?
Here’s a thought …
“In concluding, I want to express the hope that the dealings of this Government of ours with the Indians will always be just and fair. They were the inheritors of the land that we live in.”
William Frederick Buffalo Bill Cody, February 26, 1846 – January 10, 1917.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I think those survey things are a load of tosh, Badwolf: they never cough up!   (Oh, if you go for the pub quiz option?   Feel free to plunder questions!)

†        Yeah, sorry, Debbi!   That’s my late night question writing showing up again … !

‡        Thank’s for coming, Lucy: and sorry about the scores!   Free free to have another go, today, though … !   (Fascinating to know you have one in the back garden …)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Southend(2)British MI5 (3)Wyoming (4)development of radar (5)A hot air balloon crashes
Survey are a load rubbish your right

Anonymous said...

1- Southend
2- MI5
3- Wyoming, America
4- Radio ??
5- Air balloon??

Lucy

Debbi said...

No problem, Paul. I know how that goes. :)

1. Southend
2. MI5
3. Wyoming (I've been there and they're gorgeous)
4. radar
5. a hot air balloon