Friday 1 February 2019

Upgrade — A Review

31st January, 2019.


It’s officially official: I … get beeped at … 

Every so often.

When the spirit move … 

No, let’s forget that line, shall we?

I think I was going to veer into the ever so slightly pretentious, there!

At any rate?

Like many nights, I’ve had tonights off.

And nothing much to do: bar watch the odd movie.

Although it HAS to be said, I’ve just had an old friend sing at me: which is rather a nice thing to have happen.

Hmmm … 

Let’s move on, there, shall we?

Before things start getting … um … unusual

At any rate, I’ve had the evening off, movies are made, teasers written  … 

Time for a movie, I think … 

The 2018 sci-fi flick, Upgrade looked interesting …

~≈§≈~

Upgrade introduces us to Grey Trace (Logan Marshall-Green): an auto mechanic who works from home, whilst his wife, Asha (Melanie Vallejo) commutes into her job in a very posh self driving car.

As the film opens?   Grey has finished his latest piece, is in tent on delivering it to its owner, billionaire, Eron Keen (Harrison Gilbertson).

Keen … ?

Has something he wants to show Grey and Asha: an implantable chip he calls STEM.

Implantable … capable of acting as an auxiliary brain … 

And possibly needing a test subject … 

~≈§≈~



Now … ?

Was this any goo, I hear you ask?

Well … 

Not necessarily.

I will give Upgrade it’s dues: the action sequences are good, the fight scenes, fantastic, the dialogue … 

The dialogue was just a touch flat.

And the characters … not exactly three dimensional.

It’s a fun film … 

Just don’t expect it to be overwhelming …
Upgrade
★☆☆☆

No comments: