Wednesday 13 March 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th March, 2019.

13th March, 2019.


Yes: I’m up early, today.

I’ve got a trip to … the dentist … !


And frankly?

Expect to come out … 

Mostly?   With all my teeth, possibly a lecture about oral hygiene … 

And maybe a free toothpick.

Who knows.

One thing I do know … ?

Is I’ve got an earworm on the go.

Believe it or not … ?

The theme tune from El Ministerio del Tiempo … 

I’m getting withdrawal symptoms.


~≈§≈~

Just as a quick point … ?

I think I have an interview interview lined up: but need to double check on my timings.

But one thing that DID cross my timeline?

Was this piece from the BBC.

It seem that Swedish researchers are working on an AI based robot that will do job interviews.

Hmmm … 

Frankly?

While I hate filling in online forms?

I think an unbiased robot interviewer?

Might just give me some form of advantage.

Speed the day … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 13th March, 1855, saw the birth of astronomer, Percival Lowell.   He — notoriously — thought there were canals … where?
Q2) 13th March is the feast day of Saint Roderick: from the Spanish tone of Cabra.   Town and saint are from which Spanish region: Castillia-La Mancha, Murcia or Andalusia?
Q3) In Thailand, 13th March is National what day?
Q4) 13th March, 1928, saw Eileen Vollick become the first woman from Canada to obtain a … what?
Q5) Finally … ?   Kasuga Matsuri is marked on 13th March: at the Kasuga-taisha shrine, in Japan.   The shrine is a well known one in which religion … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 12th March is is the annual World Day Against Cyber Censorship.   The day had originally been set up, after requests from Reporters Without Borders: and who else?
Q2) 12th March is also the feast dat of Saint Maximilian of Tebessa: generally considered to be an early … what?
Q3) 12th March, 1986, saw the birth of singer/songwriter, Danny Jones.   He first came to prominence as a member of which band … ?
A3) McFly.
Q4) 12th March, 1475, saw the birth of Italian astrologer, Luca Gaurico.   What was his star sign … ?
A4) Pisces.
Q5) Finally … ?   A reactor at the Fukushima Daichii power plant exploded: on 12th March, 2011.   Explosion, and reactor, were in which country?
A5) Japan.
Here’s a thought …
“Many of my songs were inspired by other singers’ voices. I hear them on the radio and think: you know, I can write for that voice, that style.”
Neil Sedaka, born March 13, 1939.
And a song‡ …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Morning, Badwolf!

†        I hope not, Debbi!   That spoils half the fun … !   :D

‡        Apparently?   There’s some doubts about Charo’s exact date of birth.   I went with the 13th.   Mostly?   Well, mostly because I don’t often feature Spanish style guitar … from a student of Segovia … 

2 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1) Canals of Mars(2)Andalusia (3)National Elephant Day (4)parachute into water (5)Shinto
Morning Paul

Debbi said...

I had no idea Charo had an actual skill. Woah!

1. Mars
2. Andalusia
3. Elephant
4. pilot's license
5. Shinto