Wednesday 6 March 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6th March, 2019.

6th March, 2019.


I think I can safely thank my family.

Bless em, we actually had a sandwich, yesterday: to mark my birthday.

Over at the Barnyard Cafe, in Pilgrims Hatch.


Which was rather nice, it has to be said.

And quick … 

I’m burbling, aren’t I … ?

To get to the point.

Bless them, my family’s given me enough money to get my phone’s screen repaired.

Which, hopefully, will be done by this morning.

For a start?

The repair shop is one I know, local: and did a very good job of my sister’s laptop, a little while back.

And, for another thing?

The SIM card’s looking rather lonely … 


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 6th March is the feast day of Saint Olegarius.   His shrine is in a side chapel: in which city’s Cathedral?
Q2) 6th March, 1836, saw the capture of which Texan landmark?
Q3) 6th March, 1987, saw the sinking of the MS Herald of Free Enterprise: just as it was leaving the port of Zeebrugge.   Port, and sinking, were off the coast of which country?
Q4) 6th March, 1869, saw Dmitri Mendeleev present what to the Russian Chemical Society?
Q5) Finally … 6th March, 1970, saw the UK government ban the importation of domestic pets.   Over concerns about which disease?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 5th March is Saint Piran’s Day.   Saint Piran is the patron saint of Cornwall: and of those who mine what?
A1) Tin.
Q2) Name either of Cornwall’s others two patron saints.
Q3) What’s the Southern most point of mainland Cornwall?
Q4) What’s the main Celtic language of Cornwall?
A4) Cornish: also called Kernewek.
Q5) Finally … Sharp’s, Skinner’s and Saint Austell, are well known Cornish … what?
A5) Breweries.
Here’s a thought …
“It always amuses me that the biggest praise for my work comes for the imagination, while the truth is that there’s not a single line in all my work that does not have a basis in reality.”
Gabriel García Márquez, 6 March 1927 – 17 April 2014.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Good Morning, Badwolf: oh … sounds like a copy of The Macra Terror might be heading my way … 

†        That’s pretty much why I read Dune, before I saw the movie, back in the day.   (I’m having my doubts about the upcoming version …I’m none to sure about some of the casting choices.)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Barcelona,(2)Alamo a (3) Belgium (4) periodic table (5)Rabies

trev-v said...

Q3 get your facts right. It was leaving (with the bow doors open) not nearing Zeebrugge.

Debbi said...

It's interesting. Sometimes the movie is better than the book. I know it is in the case of M*A*S*H. Believe it or not. :)

1. Barcelona
2. the Alamo
3. Belgium
4. the periodic table
5. rabies