Saturday 23 March 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23rd March, 2019

23rd March, 2019.




I don’t know about you … but I get early morning earworms.

Song playing through my head, in other words.

This morning … ?   I had that “age of science and technology,” line from Reality Poem, repeatedly repeating itself across my head: repetitiously …

Why?

I’m blowed if I know.

All I can do … ?

Is play you the song.

Passing it on is usually the only way I know, of getting rid of them … 


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.   The day also saw Trevor‡ leaving us a message.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Benito Mussolini formed his Fascist Party: on 23rd March, 1919.   In which Italian city … ?
Q2) Direct elections were held for the first time: on 23rd Marc, 1996.   Those first elections were held … where?
Q3) A car bomb went off, at a UK Army Base: on 23rd March, 1987.   Base, and explosion, were in which (then) country?
Q4) 23rd March, 1430, saw the birth of Margaret of Anjou: wife of Henry 6th of England.   She was a major figure in which English war?
Q5) Finally … ?   23rd March, 1935, saw the birth of Barry Cryer.   The comedy writer has a small part in which Kenny Everett film … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 22nd March is World Water Day.   When was it first marked?
A1) 1993.
Q2) According to the UN, the abbreviation, WASH is used to highlight the key points of World Water Day.   These are clean Water, Sanitation … and what else?
A2) Hygiene.
Q3) World Water Day’s theme for 2019 is to Leave No-one … where?
A3) Behind.
Q4) What’s the chemical symbol for water … ?
A4) H₂O.
Q5) Finally … ?   Drinkable water is what … ?
A5) Potable.
Here’s a thought …
“We don’t retire in my business, the phone stops ringing.”
Barry Cryer, born 23rd March, 1935.
And two for the price of one … …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, Badwolf.   Did we introduce Trevor?

†        Save me a spot with you, Debbi!   Oh, I use the character palette, when I can’t find a specific character: I had to drag it into the menu bar from System>Library>Core Services>Menu Extras.



‡        Play fair, Trevor: I WAS rushed, what with Goggle playing silly buggers, yesterday!   (I have a generally useful template: so if I get rushed … )

2 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) Milan, (2) Taiwan(3) Germany (4)wars of the roses (5)f Bloodbath at the House of Death.

Debbi said...

Oh. My. Gawd!!! That song. Thank you!! :)

1. Milan
2. Israel
3. West Germany
4. the Wars of the Roses
5. Bloodbath at the House of Death