Wednesday 1 May 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 1-1-19: May Day

1st May, 2019: May Day.


Yes: it’s … 

A concerning day … 

I’ve a dentist’s appointment, today.

One I can’t cancel, on this short notice: as, inevitably, I’d get charged.

One I can’t afford, at the moment.

On the other hand … ?

I do know my sisters are heading for my seriously ill stepfather’s, today: and can’t guarantee they can get me back in time for the appointment.

As a result … ?   I’m not going to be able to go: today.

He’s … not necessarily got long.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen him: since a few years after he and my mother divorced.

As you can imagine … ?

I’m quietly hoping he lasts a bit longer … 

Estrangement can only go on for so long …

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 1st is — obviously — May Day.   In which European country would you be, if you were scaring snakes?
Q2) In Hawaii, May Day is also known as what Day?
Q3) Which Celtic festive is usually celebrated on May Day?
Q4) Which May Day tradition gets its earliest mention in the 14th Century: in Wales?
Q5) Finally?   In many May Day celebrations, the festivities are started by the May … whom?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) King Willem-Alexander was named as King on 30th April, 2013: after the abdication of his mother, Queen Beatrix.   As monarch of where?
A1) The Netherlands.
Q2) 30th April is International Jazz Day.   The first jazz record was released in which year?
A2) 1917.
Q3) The Vietnam War finished: on 30th April, 1975.   When which city unconditionally surrendered?
A3) Saigon.
Q4) 30th April, 1982, saw the birth of actress, Kirsten Dunst.   In ;which film did she play Claudia
Q5) Finally … ?   George Washington was sworn in as president: on 30th April, 1789.   The swearing in was in Federal Hall: on which New York street was Federal Hall?
A5) Wall Street.
Here’s a thought …
“As full of spirit as the month of May, and as gorgeous as the sun in Midsummer.”
William Shakespeare.
And some dancing …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Morning, Badwolf: I just wanted to make sure you knew how you did.   The ACTUAL score was here.   Oh, your eldest’s a David Tennant fan, you say?   This might appeal, when it hits at the end or the month … 


†        I think I know the interview you mean, Olga.   If it’s the one I’m thinking of … it was a huge great meltdown!   As the job centre DIDN’T put the whole ticket fare in my account!   We both got the wrong price!   The various ticket sites put the correct one … right at the bottom of the respective pages!   You can imagine how I felt.   As for stomach upsets?   It sounds there’s a couple of tough women, there!   (Oh, I’ve caught the Good Omens opening sequence.   That El Ministerio-style animation’s getting popular!)


‡        It was rather good, Debbi: spot on, as ever!   About the only issue?   That version of EMI doesn’t play, over here!   I think it’s one that’s just licensed for the US, rather than internationally.   I hate that when that happens!

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1)Bulgaria (2) Lei Day (3) Beltane(4) Calan Mai (5) May queen

Olga said...

Q1) Bulgaria
Q2) Lei Day
Q3) Beltane
Q4) Maypole
Q5) Queen
It sounds like a hard day all around. I hope it all works out for the best. Take care. (Yes, it was the interview you were trying to sort the travel expenses for).

Debbi said...

Thank you, Paul! I do understand that frustration! :)

I hope you can pick up my next video. You'll just die! :)

1. Bulgaria
2. Lei Day
3. Beltane
4. the maypole
5. the May Queen