Tuesday 14 May 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14-5-2019: Skylab

14th May, 2019.


It’s officially official: I managed to miss last night’s episode of Just a Minute.

Which is easy to remedy: as I’ve got last night’s episode, playing on BBC sounds.

It’s amazing how the difference between gaffer tape, sticky-back plastic, and Richard Branson can get turned into a running gag.

Ahem!

~≈§≈~

Oh, and leaflets … !

I think, as I get older … ?

I get hacked off by political leaflets.

Given we’ve just had local elections, given we’ve got European elections coming up at the end of the month?

There’s a few doing the rounds.

Frankly?

All I can do is ask the various local parties to not drop them at my address … !

~≈§≈~

Oh, one final quick point … ?

Do you use WhatsApp?

Personally, I don’t: there’s not many of my friends what do, so there’s little incentive to.

If you DO though?

You may wish to do the recent updates.


There’s a serious piece of spyware doing the rounds, that installs itself on a phone through WhatsApp’s call feature … 

Whether you answer the call or not … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 14th May saw the launch of Skylab: the first US space station.   It was launched in which year?
Q2) It was launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration: who are better known as … whom?
Q3) Skylab included the Apollo Telescope Mount: an observatory designed to observe what?
Q4) How many crew did Skylab have, at any one time?
Q5) Finally … ?   The first manned Skylab mission saw Paul J. Weitz become the first person to use Skylab’s what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th May, 2018, saw the sad death of Margot Kidder.   Who did she play in the 1978 version of Superman?
A1) Louis Lane.   (The character’s been played by many fine actress.   As far as I’m concerned?   The only real Louis … ?   Was Kidder.)
Q2) 13th May, 1983, saw the birth of actress, Natalie Cassidy.   Who does she play in EastEnders?
A2) Sonia Jackson.
Q3) 13th May is the feast day of Our Lady of where?
A3) Fátima.
Q4) 13th May is the feast day of Saint John the what: Silent, Weeping or Headless?
A4) Silent.
Q5) Finally … ?   The first Formula One world championship race was run: on 13th May, 1950.   At which British track?
A5) Silverstone.
Here’s a thought …
“By 1973, we had a space station, the Skylab, and we had multiple probes going up to planets. So, all this wonderful stuff happened in 10 to 15 years.”
Burt Rutan^.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*      Morning, Anne: how WAS the weekend?

†        Straight forward … ?   I think that’s the bane of the digital world, Olga: the amount of sites that aren’t user-friendly.   (Don’t ask about some recruitment pages!   I had one site tell me I was using a mobile device: rather than the desktop version of Safari … )

‡        THAT you do, Debbi!   (Thud, Nation and Night Watch aren’t the best places to start: but they’r epossibly his best work … )

^        Oh my LORD, it’s a Rutan … !

4 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)1973(2) NASA (3)knowledge about the Sun. (4)3(5)space shower
The weekend went good thank you

Olga said...

Q1) 1973
Q2) NASA
Q3) The Sun
Q4) 3 permission
Q5) shower
I know well what you mean about the elections. We just had the central government ones on the 28th of April and have local and European ones (of course) the 26th of this month. And this afternoon I have to cover one of the events by one of the political parties (the one the current mayor of Barcelona is a member of), because three parties have decided to have events in this district of Barcelona on the same day and at the same time... I don't know if I'll have a chance (or even bother) to try and chat to the mayor (Ada Colau) but if I do, I feel inclined to talk about other things... (One of the members of her team, the local regidora, I quite like and have interviewed before about a local project and she'll be there, and the owner of a local bookshop will be there as well, so I hope I'll survive).

Debbi said...

Got to make sure they're on my list then!

1. 1973
2. NASA
3. the sun
4. at least two crew members
5. the space shower

Debbi said...

I remember the Rutan! Looks like a cabbage wrapped in cellophane. :)