Friday 31 May 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 31st May, 2019.

31st May, 2019.


Yes … 

It’s official.

I was at my stepdad’s funeral, yesterday.

It has to be said, it went well enough, sad though it was.

It has to be said, about the only up side?

Was seeing that side of the family, again.

It’s been … some time.

~≈§≈~

In a desperate attempt at levity … ?

I have to admit I saw this picture of Judge Death float past on my Facebook timeline.


Volunteering to be a candidate in the Tory party leadership race.

The one thing that makes it funnier?

Is that yet another candidate has put his name forward … 

Oh, and there’s now two candidates for the Lib Dem.

I’m get the feeling that — should 2000AD revive the character — Dave the Orangutan will be a frontrunner for that.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Olga scoring five out of five and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 31st May, 1908, saw the birth of actor, Don Ameche.   In which film did he play Lloyd Lloyd?
Q2) The Trans-Alaska Pipeline was completed: on 31st May, 1977.   What doe sit carry: water, methane or crude oil?
Q3) 31st May, 1975, saw the only example off a what, held at the White House?
Q4) 31st May, 1916, saw the start of which World War One naval battle?
Q5) Finally … ?   (285263) 1998 QE2 made its closest approach to Earth for two centuries: on 31st May, 2013.   What IS (285263) 1998 QE2?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Which Paramilitary group declared a ceasefire: on 30th May, 1972?
A1) The Official IRA.   (The Provisionals only declared one in the late Nineties.   The NEW IRA is looming … )
Q2) 30th May is the feast day of Joan of Arc.   Which German band released a 2005 album called Jeanne d’Arc?
Q3) 30th May is the feast day of Joan of Arc.   Which Italian band released a 2005 album called Jeanne d’Arc?
Q4) Former Liberian president, Charles Taylor, was given a fifty year prison sentence: on 30th May, 2012.   The sentenced punished his actions in which country’s civil war?
A4) Sierra Leone’s.
Q5) Finally … ?   Which country banned same-sex marriage on 30th May, 2013?
A5) Nigeria.
Here’s a thought …
“God was awfully good to me during the good days. I cherish the old days, but I don’t miss them.”
Don Ameche, May 31, 1908 – December 6, 1993.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It … yeah, it went well enough, I think, Olga: and yes, that’s a very good point.   Actually … ? The upside, as I’ve mentioned already, is that I got to see that side of the family agin … after about 30 years, in some cases … Oh, Anne’s been in touch: hopefully, we’ll be seeing her look in on Monday.   (She left some messages on yesterday’s Teaser video.)

†        You’re right there, Debbi!   I’m still trying to work out how to watch Good Omens!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Kiss the Boys Goodbye
Q2) crude oil
Q3) A high-school dance (a prom!) (Sorry. I’ve written a book about proms that I’m translating at the moment, so it’s something I’m thinking a fair bit about).
Q4) The Battle of Jutland
Q5) An asteroid
Good news about Anna. Yes, I also saw relatives I hadn't seen in a very long time when my Dad died...
Here, after the local elections, things are quite complicated, as nobody has enough votes to be the mayor... Oh, the games people play...

Debbi said...

Between tornadoes and such, it's a miracle I get anything done! :)

1. Kiss the Boys Goodbye
2. crude oil
3. high school prom
4. the Battle of Jutland
5. a dark asteroid