Thursday 30 May 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30th May, 2019

30th May, 2019


It has to be said, I’ve got a long day ahead of me.

Towards the end of the afternoon … ?

I’ve the usual meeting with my work coach: at the local Job Centre.

And … ?

This morning, I have my step father’s funeral.

That’s … 

Well, let’s put it this way, it’s not necessarily something I’m looking forward too … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Which Paramilitary group declared a ceasefire: on 30th May, 1972?
Q2) 30th May is the feast day of Joan of Arc.   Which German band released a 2005 album called Jeanne d’Arc?
Q3) 30th May is the feast day of Joan of Arc.   Which Italian band released a 2005 album called Jeanne d’Arc?
Q4) Former Liberian president, Charles Taylor, was given a fifty year prison sentence: on 30th May, 2012.   The sentenced punished his actions in which country’s civil war?
Q5) Finally … ?   Which country banned same-sex marriage on 30th May, 2013?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The St Roch arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia: on the 29th May, 1950.   After circumnavigating where: South America, North America or the Arctic Ocean?
Q2) 29th May, 1953, saw the birth of composer, Danny Elfman.   What’s his band called?
Q3) 29th May, 1958, saw the birth of actress, Annette Bening.   In which film did she play Barbara Land?
Q4) 29th May, 1957, saw the birth of actor, Ted Levine.   In which film does he play pseudo-transexual, Buffalo Bill?
Q5) Finally … ?   John Pemberton placed an advert for his ‘valuable brain tonic’ in the Atlanta Journal: on 29th May, 1886.   What WAS that brain tonic?
A5) Coca Cola.
Here’s a thought …
“No one likes to be watched constantly by someone he can’t see.”
Chapter 11, Mission of Gravity, Hal Clement, May 30, 1922 – October 29, 2003.
And a singing hunter …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I will, Olga.   Hopefully, nothing too bad’s happening: I get the impression she need a break, and will be back. 

†        I’ll have to see if I can find it, Debbi.   (Mind you … ?   I’ve El Ministerio del Tiempo to finish:  and possibly Good Omens.   Micheal Sheen and David Tennant are doing a publicity blitz …)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Official IRA
Q2) Tangerine Dream
Q3) Thy Majestie
Q4) Sierra Leone
Q5) Nigeria
I hope the funeral is bearable. Sometimes talking about the deceased and sharing good memories can make it more tolerable.
Please, do keep me posted. I'm thinking about Good Omens too, and I'll have easy access to it through Amazon Prime, so...

Debbi said...

There's lots to keep us entertained these days. :)

1. the Official IRA
2. Tangerine Dream
3. Thy Majestie
4. Sierra Leone
5. Russia