Monday 27 May 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27-5-2019: Canonical

27th May, 2019.


Right … 

I see that that the European election results for England and Wales are in.

And that the Brexit party have done well off the back of them.

Not something I wanted to see: but not unexpected.

I’m ALSO very aware both the Liberal Democrats, and the Greens, have done well.

With both the Conservatives,  and Labour … losing significant amounts of seats.

Personally … ?

Right now, I feel a general election would be a good thing.

Although I realise a hard-line group like the Brexit party will do well, right now.

But, right now?   The deadlock in Parliament has to be broken.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 27th May, 1917, saw the Pope promulgate the Church’s official Canon Law.   Which Pope?
Q2) It went into force in which year?
Q3) The official version of the Canon Law is written in which language?
Q4) The 1917 Canon was used by the Catholic Church.   Is it used by Orthodox churches?
Q5) Finally … ?   The 1917 version of Canon Law was finally replaced: in which year of the 1980s?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) George Formby was born on 26th May: in which year of the 20th Century?
A1) 1904.
Q2) He was born in which Lancashire town?
A2) Wigan.
Q3) George played various versions of which instrument?
A3) The Ukelele.   (He also played the Banjolele: a ukulele with a banjo body.)
Q4) In which 1946 film does George play George Harper?
Q5) Finally … ?   Formby’s song, Chinese Laundry Blues, was the first to feature whom … ?
A5) Mr Wu.   Possibly NOT one of those songs you could get away with today …
Here’s an official position …
“Can. 7 A law is established when it is promulgated.”
From the Church’s current Canon Law.
And a song: that’s a bit … you know … HEAVY … !


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        Possibly a good way to go, there, Olga.   Actually … ?   I’ve got a similar password document, I should lock at locking that!   It never gets off my machine, but … … … (Oh, it wasn’t a banjo, it was a banjolele: a ukulele … shaped like a banjo …)


†        Actually, Debbi: you’ve heard of the Carry On films, haven’t you … ?   William Hartnell was in the first one, Carry On, Sergeant.

6 comments:

trev-v said...

The results for N. Ireland and Scotland are not in yet. Does this mean that they are not part of the UK as you said all results are in?

Nik Nak said...

I LOVE corrections in the morning, Trevor

Olga said...

Q1) Benedict XV
Q2) 1918
Q3) Latin
Q4) If I read it correctly, it seems that some of it might apply, like the baptism part. I’m not sure that means they use it, though…
Q5) 1983
Oh, yes, I saw it said banjolele. I wonder if purists would agree with those classifications. I spent the afternoon/evening covering the elections at an electoral post... It was an experience (and a tiring one). It must be exhausting to be there all day.

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)Pope Benedict XV (2)1918 (3) Latin (4) No(5) 1983

Debbi said...

Well, I have no corrections to offer, FWIW. :)

1. Pope Benedict XV
2. 1918
3. Latin
4. no
5. 1983

I've heard of the Carry On movies. I didn't know that about Hartnell.

BTW, my next YouTube book review will have familiar sounds at the end. :)

Debbi said...

How cool! That not only had the First Doctor, but Jill Masterson, who died in gold paint in Gold-FINGER!

https://youtu.be/6D1nK7q2i8I