Saturday 2 January 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd January, 2021.

2nd January, 2021.


Right … the year’s got started.

And, frankly?

I’m feeling mildly rushed: as I’m expecting a visit from the ONS Covid 19 Tester, today, at 10:30.

Hopefully, that will go well.

I’ve ALSO got to admit, I’ve seen Resolution of the Daleks: and come away impressed.

I’ll finish writing my review, this evening: it’s taking a little longer than I was expecting.

Hopefully, I’ll end up with a good one.

~≈👩🏻‍⚕️≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª and putting in their answers: with Olga and Trevor scoring five out of five, Debbi on four, and Mum and Edith on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        The last Islamic kingdom in Europe fell to the Spanish crown: on 2nd January, 1492.   That Emirate was the Emirate of where: Al Andalus, Granada or Almoravid?

Q2)        The fourth state to ratify the US Constitution, did so on 2nd January, 1788.   Which state was it?

Q3)        2nd January is the feast day of Saint Basil of Caesarea.   The Caesarea concerned was where: Israel, Turkey or Lebanon?

Q4)        2nd January, 1935, saw the start of the trial of Bruno Hauptmann.   For kidnapping which pilot’s child?

Q5)        Finally … ?   2nd January, 1975, saw the US Congress approve the Federal Rules of what: banking, evidence or telecommunications?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        It’s New Year’s Day.   The Ancient Romans dedicated New’s Day to which god: Mars, Apollo or Janus?
A1)        Janus.

Q2)        The final of the PDC’s World Professional Darts Championship is usually held on New Year’s Day.   Where: Alexandra Palace, Westminster Abbey or Lakeside?
A2)        Alexandra Palace.   (Saying that? This year’s final is on 3rd January, 2021.)

Q3)        New Year’s Day will see many pictures published of Baby New Year.   He’s usually represent wearing which S: a scarf, single shoe or sash?
A3)        A sash.

Q4)        North Korea celebrates New Year’s Day on which date?
A4)        1st January.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Rosh Hashanah is the New Year Celebration: in which religion?
A5)        Judaism.
Here’s a thought … 
“I find painting relaxing.”
David Bailey, born 2 January 1938.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.



*        I love it in mashed potato, Olga: and I’ve got some spare, if you need it!   Actually, Sainsbury’s does black garlic: I’ll have to see what I can do with some of that … once the price comes down!
Wish your pupils good luck for me, please!   (Buena suerte?   Is that right?)

†        I’m going no-where near the Telegraph, Trevor.   And did you know Stanley Johnson, Boris’ father, is applying for French citizenship?

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        Fair enough, Debbi!   It’s taking longer than I expected, to be honest: it’ll hopefully go live, tonight!   Lord knows how long the video will be!

ª        Glad I got that right, Edith!   Oh, did I mention I was at my family’s, yesterday?   My nephew and me were having fun, trying to find silly songs on Alexa.   I think I lost: Jude wasn’t stunned with New Potatoes!

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Granada
Q2) Georgia
Q3) Turkey
Q4) Charles Lindbergh
Q5) Evidence
Buena suerte is right. Black garlic has become quite popular here as well and all the well-known chefs seem to use it, although it is very expensive here as well. I have no idea what it tastes like, but I'm curious.
Good luck with the test!

Freda said...

1 Granada
2 Virgina
3 Lebanon
4 Charles Lindburgh
5 Evidence

trev-v said...

A1 Granada
A2 Georgia
A3 Turkey
A4 Charles Lindbergh
A5 evidence


Chatting with Penny late last night we both agreed that it was a very poor Doctor Who special. We both agreed it would have been better if a drastic edit had cut at least ¼ hour from the show.

Penny watched it on catch-up and she put it hold a number of times. She went to the bath room and in a later hold-up she made a cup of Tea, then to make a short phone call and finally to pet her cats.
A short phones call from Penny is any time from 40 minutes to 1 ½ hours.

If the program had been gripping the only one of those that she would have done was the trip tp the bath room.

She thought that they were introducing a new villain in John Bishop (Who tested positive for COVID-19 on Christmas day). Mind you she has never seen him before.

Debbi said...

Well, I look forward to seeing the show and your review.

1. Grenada
2. Georgia
3. Israel
4. Charles Lindbergh
5. Evidence