Wednesday 20 January 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20-1-2021: David Lynch

20th January, 2021.


Hmmm … 

I’m feeling mildly rushed.

Why?

I’ve a phone meeting, today: with my Work and Health case worker, today.

At the last call?   I was told the group running the programme would be organising contact with a nurse for me: to discuss various things.

As far as I can tell, given the phone situation?

They’s not contacted me.

I think I’ll need words … 

~≈📞≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Nina‡, Mum^, Debbiª and Edithº putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor , Nina and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        20th January, 1946, saw the birth of director, David Lynch.   In which US state?

Q2)        His first feature length film was released in 1977.   What was it called?

Q3)        Lynch has made three series of which TV show?

Q4)        Who played the Elephant Man in Lynch’s The Elephant Man?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Lynch has frequently worked with Angelo Badalamenti.   Angelo’s a what: editor, composer or cameraman?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        19th January is the birthday of Dolly Parton: she was born in which year?
A1)        1946.

Q2)        She’s famous for singing, writing and performing in which genre: rock, country or acid house?
A2)        Country.   (To paraphrase The Blues Brothers? “She does both kinds: country and western!”)

Q3)        She’s had twenty-five songs reach number one on the relevant Billboard chart.   In other words?   The same number as who: k. d. lang, Reba McEntire or Patsy Cline?
A3)        Reba McEntire.

Q4)        Parton’s I Will Always Love You was covered by Whitney Houston.   The Houston version was used in which 1992 film?
A4)        The Bodyguard.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Dolly played the Glastonbury Festival, in which year?
A5)        2014.   (You get an invite to do the Sunday night Legends slot? You’ve made it!)
Here’s a thought … 
“There is a plot. What would be the point of just a bunch of things?”
David Lynch.
And a song: one used in the David Lynch film of the same name …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I’not heard much Patsy Cline, Trevor: That’s possibly my loss.   It’s got to be said, Ingenue is one hell of an album: Miss Chatelaine’s one of the best love songs ever written!   (Apparently?   k. d. was gaffer taped into the frock!   And Ingenue, supposedly, was the result of her falling in love with a married woman.)


†        I have to admit, I’m not a huge country fan, Olga: although I’ve a few country tunes in my playlist.   The Devil Went down To Georgia’s in there, somewhere: as is Grandma’s Feather Bed.   “As soft as a downey chick,” was a hysterical line … when I was nine!   (Jolene, on the other hand?   Was and is a beautiful song.)
Ah … !   There’s the rub, right in the first line: “The results of the Finnish basic income experiment suggest that basic income does not increase employment.” (My italics)   Which I think is true of Universal Credit: despite what many Conservative ministers think.   The basic amount sounds better than the Spanish proposals: although the Finnish report doesn’t say what happens about housing benefits or child benefits.
It looks like it doesn’t have sanctions … but also doesn’t address housing or child benefits.   And both a Basic income and Universal Credit don’t get you a job.

‡        Yes, it was Reba I was talking about, Nina: the entry about Dolly said they tied on 25 number ones. Oh, did Olga and I mention the Basic Income chat we’ve been having?   Here’s the Finnish link Olga highlighted.

^        Hello, Mum!   (Yes, Manna Meals are delivering: it’s a one off, though.)

ª        She was definitely someone to met, Debbi.   Her smile’s stuck in my mind: as was her broomstick.  She had an old fashioned willow bristle broomstick by her fireplace: which I asked her about.   Apparently, it’s an old custom.   Someone moves into a new house, you gift them a broomstick: bristles first, through the window.   It’s lucky, apparently.   (Lord knows how or if Immanion will keep going: I’m assuming that’s down to whoever’s in charge of her literary estate.   That, her site, and social media pages, will need looking after.   I can only hope Jim, her widower, has that in some sort of hand: I’d imagine it’s not the first thing on his mind!)

º        So are you, Edith!   Oh … did you ever hear The Devil Went down To Georgia?   That was a fun tune!   (Would a solid gold violin be playable?   And that’s a funk line the Devil’s playing!)

6 comments:

David said...

1. Montana
2. Eraserhead
3. Twin Peaks
4. John Hurt
5. Composer

Merci merci merci
(Я девид)

trev-v said...

A1 Montana
A2 Eraserhead
A3 Twin Peaks
A4 John Hurt
A5 composer

I got introduced to the 2 of them by my many lesbian friends in Vancouver.



Olga said...

Q1) Montana
Q2) Eraserhead
Q3) Twin Peaks
Q4) John Hurt
Q5) A composer (I have quite a few of his soundtracks and love them)
I do love "The Devil Went Down to Georgia", and although I don't know what the Patsy Cline conversation was about, she was wonderful. I have a Van Morrison CD he did of country songs, and it's quite something.

Freda said...

1 Montana
2 Eraserhead
3 Twin Peaks
4 John Hurt
5 Editor

Debbi said...

Unfortunately, one should prepare for the inevitable. At some point. :)

1. Montana
2. Eraserhead (strange movie!)
3. Twin Peaks
4. John Hurt
5. composer

I got your card, BTW! Thanks! Think the mail has slowed a bit, due to pandemic conditions? :)

And, lady and gents, we now have a new President! Yay! :)

Edith said...

1.New Jersey
2. wild At heart
3. Twin peaks
4. Nicolas cage
5. Composer

I have heard the song. I didn't realize the fiddle was funk. I doubt solid gold violin would be playable.