Saturday 6 February 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Well, that’s good …

Fact is, I’m now looking at a Happy Yellow wall!

I’ve managed to finish painting the walls!

Yes, I know, it’s not drastically important, in the grand scheme of things, but at least I can say I’ve managed to get something done, while I’m off work.

•••••

Just as a minor point, I’m told that — in art therapy — yellow’s traditionally seen as a completely bonkers colour. Can’t see why. Mind you, it was the little Martian watching me on the loo that told me that …

Oh, and I’ve just heard, on Radio 4, that graduates are more likely to own cats, than dogs.

Where does that put hamster owners?

•••••

At any rate, yesterday’s teaser saw Simon bag both the Official First-In-Clap, AND score 5 out of 5!

Let’s see what people can do, today, shall we?

Yes, let’s: here’s today’s questions, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 6th February, 1952, saw Princess Elizabeth become Queen of Great Britain on the death of her father: what name did he use, whilst on the throne? (King, in other words, I can see the jokes … !)

Q2) More to the point, in which country was the (now) Queen Elizabeth 2nd, when her father’s death occupied?

Q3) 6 years later, 6th February, 1958, saw 8 footballers killed in the Munich Air Disaster: what English team were they from?
A3) Manchester United.

Q4) Who was manager of that team, at the time?

Q5) 139 years earlier, 6th February, 1819, saw Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles found which East Asian city?

Q6) 6th February, 1971, saw who, famously play golf on the Moon?

Q7) And finally … 6th February, 2005, saw Tony Blair become Labour’s longest serving PM: who was the Labour party’s second longest serving PM?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 5th February, 1649, saw who declared as King of Scotland?
A1) Charles 2nd.

Q2) 5th February, 62AD, saw strong earthquakes hit which Ancient Roman town?
A2) Pompeii.

Q3) 1, 934 years later, 5th February, 1996, saw the first genetically modified foodstuff go on sale in the UK: what was it?
A3) Tomato Purée.

Q4) While we’re on the subject of food, 5th February, 1953, saw the end of what form of rationing in the UK?
A4) Sweet rationing.

Q5) And finally … 5th February, 1982, saw which budget airline go bust?
A5) LakerAirways.

Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later!


No comments: