
Tuesday, 23 February 2010
The Daily Teaser …

5 comments:
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1. Prophet Muhammad
ReplyDelete2. The Gutenburg Bible
3. Iwo Jima
4. Spain
5. Samuel Pepys
'As happy a man as any in the world, for the whole world seems to smile upon me!' Samuel Pepys
Nicely — and speedily — done, as ever, Simon: now, any thoughts on the Ubuntu Namming debate … ?
ReplyDeleteQ1. Muhammad
ReplyDeleteQ2. The Johannes Gutenburg Bible
Q3. Iwo Jima
Q4. Spain
Q5. Samuel Pepys
Andrea
"When come the help of Allah, and victory, and
when you see the people enter Allah's Deen in
Crowds,
Then celebrate the Praise of your Lord, and pray
for his Forgiveness: for no doubt He accepts
repentance'.
Whoah …
ReplyDeleteNow I’m hoping Trevor’s going to put up both his answer, and a quote: But I think Andrea’s got the lead, there … !
Q1 Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullah also known as The Prophet Mohammed
ReplyDeleteQ2 The Gutenberg Bible (also known as the 42-line Bible, the Mazarin Bible or the B42)
Q3 On Mount Suribachi on Iwo Jima
Q4 Kingdom of Spain
Q5 Samuel Pepys (So to supper and to bed.)
Trevor
O People,
Lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.
O People,
Just as you regard this month, this day, this city as sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest); therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity.