Sunday 14 February 2010

A Perfect Getaway: The most Gorgeous Dead End …


Hmmmm …


Well …

At least Safari seem’s to be behaving itself, after the crash, yesterday morning.

Which it did, several times in a row, I should add.

But changing my default browser to Chrome for the day seemed to help.

But, that’s not why I’m writing.

As you might have probably noticed, it’s a Saturday: and, as my long time readers will tell you, that mean’s Adrian, Kevin Z, Allison and I, have been watching a movie.

Actually, Allison’s still here, bless her: she’s turned out to have a bit of a knack for on the spot proof-reading.

But we did manage to catch something Adrian had clocked in Brentwood Library: the 2009, David Twohy directed, A Perfect Getaway.

Which isn’t bad.

Actually, I’ve got to be honest, I’m intrigued enough to want to watch it again: in part because the SCART connection between the DVD player and the TV got knocked loose.

But in part because it’s quite a fiddly little piece with enough twists and turns to make it usable as a cork-screw.

Actually, as Allison’s just reminded me, it’s not that twisty.

But when the twist in the story turns up, it’s not coming from where you’re expecting it too …

A Perfect Getaway sees a pair of newly-weds heading off for their honeymoon on the paradise that is Hawaii.

Amidst reports that a psychotic couple of killers are on the loose …

A man and a woman, I should add, here.

•••••

Hmmm …

Now, I think Allison and I are having a slight difference of opinion, here: I personally preferred The Strangers, and Allison preferred A Perfect Getaway.

Bless her, Allison does like films with a touch more action than me.

And she’s got a point.

A Perfect Getaway is a nicely paced little film.

And certainly worth watching again.

I think we both agreed on that!

No comments: