Tuesday 26 October 2010

The Daily Teaser …

Hmmm … Now, I’ve got to admit, I’ve got some searching to do, after I’ve finished posting this up: I’ve got to try and find my passport and/or birth certificate.

The things we have to do to earn money, eh … ?

Hopefully, I know where they are, but my word, I hate having to do this on a short deadline.

Ahem!

Lets move on, shall we … ?

||»»•««||

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor putting in his answers and managing to score 6 out of 6. And putting in some quotes from Geoffrey Chaucer: the bit about being ‘obedient to wife’ caught my eye, I know that much …

Let’s get moving on, shall we?

And see how everyone does with today’s question. Here they are, along with the ‘How To’ and License

Q1) 26th October, 1979, saw the accidental shooting to death of Park Chung Hee: where was he president of … ?


Q2) 26th October, 1936, saw the first electrical generator go into operation … where … ?

Q3) 26th October, 1967, saw Mohammad Reza Pahlavi crowned as king of where … ?

Q4) 26th October, 1999, saw the House of Lords vote to end the right of hereditary peers to sit, there: this has been slowly phased in, so that — today — only how many hereditary peers sit there … ?

Q5) And finally … 26th October, 1946, saw the birth of Warhol star, Haroldo Santiago Franceschi Rodriguez Danhakl: how are he better known, today … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 25th October, 1828, saw which docks open in London … ?

A1) The St Katherine Docks.

Q2) More to the point, in which modern London borough are those docks … ?
A2) Tower Hamlets.

Q3) 25th October, 1976, saw HM The Queen formally open which South Bank theatre … ?
A3) The National Theatre.

Q4) 25th October, 1881, saw the birth of Spanish artist, Pablo Picasso: which style of art did he help found, in 1909?
A4) Cubism.

Q5) 25th October, 1955, saw the birth of South African actress, Glynis Barber. She’s currently appearing in UK soap, EastEnders: but in which UK science fiction series did she first come to prominence?
A5) Blakes 7.

Q6) And finally … 25th October, 2007, saw the first commercial flight of which plane … ?
A6) The Airbus A380.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later.



2 comments:

Kaiju said...

1. President of South Korea (the Republic of Korea)
2. Boulder Canyon Project - Hoover Dam in Black Canyon of the Colorado River on the Arizona-Nevada state line.
3. Iran (I attended school with one of the offspring.)
4. There are 92 hereditary peers left. However, some peers have died recently and their number is around high eighties.
5. Holly Woodlaw

Anonymous said...

Q1 South Korea
Q2 Hoover Dam
Q3 Persia now called Iran
Q4 91
Q5 Holly Woodlawn

Trevor

“Most dictators were short, fat, middle-aged and hairless. Besides Danny Devito, there's only me to play them.”

“My own mum wouldn't call me pretty.”

“When you get to my age, what you want is the cameo. You get paid a lot of money. You fly in for a couple of weeks. Everybody treats you like the crown jewels. It's all great and if the film turns out to be a load of s - -, nobody blames you.”

“I've watched films and even forgotten I'm in them.”

“Acting is the best job in the world... Look at the way they treat you when you turn up for work. They give you breakfast and a cup of tea and ask, 'Are you all right?' They tart up your face, you say somebody else's words, then pick up your check and go home. And you get days off! I tell you, it really is the way to live.”

Quotes by Bob Hoskins (English Actor) born 26 October 1942.