2/1/2013.
OK …
It’s early January, 2013.
You can tell that from the date I’ve posted, can’t you … ?
And frankly … ?
Frankly, I have to admit to spending some of my Christmas loot: or iTunes card, at any rate.
If you’d not already worked out — from the poster — that I’ve spent some of it on the 2012 film, Grabbers, then I’ll have to be blunt, won’t I … ?
I rented Grabbers.
Hmmm …
I think I’m going to hit the sack, and finish this, tomorrow.
I’m starting to wander … !
~≈Ê≈~
3/1/2013.
Yes … I think I can say I feel a little better for that.
At least, better enough that I managed to spot the obvious typing errors.
And take a deep breathe, so I can tell you about … Grabbers …
Set on an obscure island off the west coast of Ireland*, Grabbers sees Richard Coyle as Garda Ciarán O’Shea: an Irish policeman who’s got a taste for a pint or two.
And one who’s joined at his small — and very rural — station by Garda Lisa Nolan (Ruth Bradley) an up-and-coming young officer who’s not only teetotal, but seriously prim and proper.
The odd-couple officers are forced to start working together when one of the locals finds what he dubs a grabber, and takes it along to a local scientist, played by Russell Tovey.
A scientist who’s ALREADY trying to work out what’s happening to the pilot whales that are washing up on the local beaches.
As it turns out … ?
The creatures that did that to the whales are — quite literally — after blood.
And …
Well …
It turns out that’s actually a good excuse for a beer …
~≈Ê≈~
Now … ?
Was Grabbers any good … ?
Well, I thought so.
Granted, Grabbers isn’t going to grab any awards in the ‘Big Budget’ category.
But it is a very entertaining little romp of a film.
A romp …
With a big heart, better tentacle …
And a shed-load of old fashioned Irish hospitality.
We might want to have a word with the locals about that …
* Almost … !

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.