Thursday 31 January 2013

The Daily Teaser — 31-1-2013

Phew … !

Well, yesterday seemed to go well: comparatively frantically, for me, but well.

Three … no, four post! (One teaser, one for the Gazette, the Gazette one for here, one about Loopers.)

Signing on: and trust me, job-hunting at the moment isn’t easy, there’s not a lot about … !

Oh … And thinking about writing a letter to my local paper … 

Somebody got ticked off by last weeks … !

Hmmm … Let’s move on, shall we?

~~~~~

Yesterday’s Teaser was quiet: with nobody putting in their answers.

So let’s see who we can persuade to try today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 31st January, 1990, saw the first branch of McDonalds open in Moscow: what’s the name of McDonalds clown mascot … ?
Q2) 5 years later, 31st January, 1995, saw President Bill Clinton make a $20 billion loan to which central American country … ?
Q3) 31st January, 2012, saw which James Cameron film become the first to gross over $2 billion, worldwide … ?
Q4) 31st January, 2000, saw Dr Harold Shipman sentenced to life imprisonment: for killing how many of his patients … ?
Q5) And finally … 31st January, 1930, saw 3M begin selling Scotch Tape.   3M was a contracted version of the company’s original name: which was what … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 30th January saw the assassination of Mohandas K. Gandhi: in which year … ?   
A1) 1948.
Q2) More to the point, by an extremist of which religion … ?   
A2) Hinduism.
Q3) 30th January, 1965, saw which World War Two leader receive a state funeral … ?   
Q4) In which year was that leader named as ‘the Greatest Briton’ by a BBC survey … ?   
A4) 2002.
Q5) 30th January, 1972, saw 13 people killed in the ‘Bloody Sunday’ protests: in which Northern Irish city … ?   
Q6) And finally … 30th January, 1969, saw the last performance by which band … ?   
A6) The Beatles.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll leave you with this quote from the late director, Derek Jarman …
“On December 22, 1986, finding I was body positive, I set myself a target: I would disclose my secret and survive Margaret Thatcher. I did. Now I have set my sights on the millennium and a world where we are all equal.”
Derek Jarman  31 January 1942 – 19 February 1994
And a piece performed by the Kronos Quartet: and composed by birthday boy, Phillip Glass … 




Enjoy your day … !

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Well, that's interesting. I did the teaser. My answers must have been swallowed up. :)

Here's hoping they don't get eaten this time. :)

1. Ronald McDonald
2. Mexico
3. Avatar
4. 15
5. the Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company