Wednesday, 13 February 2013

The Daily Teaser — 13-2-2013

Hmmm … 

It’s officially Wednesday.

Well, you’d guessed that, hadn’t you … ?

It basically means that a) I’ll be signing on and b) I’ll be writing the Gazette’s Teaser for them.

Oh, and c) I’ll be getting a post done about the film I saw last night.

Which was a bit good: not stunning, but certainly entertaining.

At ANY rate … ?   Let’s get moving on, shall we?   Busy, busy, busy … !

~~~~~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: as well as bagging 6 out of 6, the day also saw her putting up this post, and kicking herself for forgetting the pancakes* … !

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 13th February, 2001, saw a man go on trial in Glasgow: for knowingly infecting a victim with what … ?
Q2) 13th February, 2012, saw who launch a rocket from French Guiana?
Q3) More to the point, what type of rocket was it … ?
Q4) 13th February, 1955, saw the Israeli government obtain four of the seven then known what … ?
Q5) 13th February, 1971 saw South Vietnamese troops invade which country … ?
Q6) And finally … 13th February, 2000, saw the publication of the last ever Peanuts strip: which Peanuts character is a beagle … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 12th February, 2013 is Shrove Tuesday: in the UK, it’s also known as what Day … ?
A1) Pancake Day.
Q2) It’s also known as Mardi Gras: or ‘what Tuesday’ … ?
A2) Fat Tuesday.
Q3) Moving on … 12th February, 1912, saw the abdication of the Xuantong Emperor: where was he the last emperor of … ?
A3) China.
Q4) What was the name of the 1987 film about the Xuantong Emperor … ?
A4) The Last Emperor.
Q5) 12th February, 1961, saw the USSR launch the Venera 1 mission.   To which planet was the Venera 1 heading … ?
A5) Venus.
Q6) And finally … 12 February, 2013, saw the murder of which Northern Irish solicitor?
A6) Pat Finucane.
I’ll leave you with this song from Peter Gabrielº … 


And this quote from Black Flag frontman and stand-up comedian, Henry Rollins …
“I got three letters today telling me that I’m god. Why can’t I pay the rent?”
Henry Rollins, born February 13, 1961
Enjoy today … !








*       I wouldn’t worry too much, Debbi, it means you’re actually ahead of me: I don’t actually know how to make pancakes … !

º        One line from which reads ‘Whistling tunes, we’re kissing baboons in the jungle’.   Mr Gabriel was feeling especially arty, that day … 

1 comment:

  1. Rick pointed out that we had pancakes on Sunday. So, I guess you could say we celebrated Pancake Day early. I guess. :)

    1. HIV
    2. the European Space Agency
    3. Vega
    4. Dead Sea scrolls
    5. Laos
    6. Snoopy

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.