Sunday, 11 August 2013

The Daily Teaser — 11-8-2013: Francis 2nd

Oh, for HEAVEN’S sake … !

I have to admit, I couldn’t get a wink of sleep, last night.

Believe it or not, the reassuring noises from the train tracks weren’t going off.

NOW I know why … !

There’s engineering work happening: either on the tracks, themselves, or just by them.

That boils down to a very loud, repetitive banging noise.   Live banging, if you will.   At 7:46 in the morning.

Can someone do me a favour … ?   Tell these jokers where to get off … !

~≈¥≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser was another quiet one, with no-one giving it a go.

Let’s see who we can persuade, with today’s rather specialised questions.

Here they are, alone with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 11th August, 1804, saw Francis 2nd named as the first Emperor of where … ?
Q2) More to the point, which title did he hold, until 1806 … ?
Q3) Francis 2nd was ALSO the Apostolic King of which ‘H’ … ?
Q4) Which language is the main one, spoken in Francis 2nd’s country … ?
Q5) And finally … In which year did Francis 2nd die … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 10th August, 1270, saw Yekuno Amlak assume the Imperial Throne of Ethiopia.   Which Biblical king did the Ethiopian emperors claim to be descended from … ?
A1) King Solomon.
Q2) More to the point, they also claimed descent from which (possibly) mythical queen … ?
A2) The Queen Of Sheba.
Q3) Who — until being deposed in 1974 — was the last emperor of Ethiopia … ?
A3) Haile Selassie 1st.
Q4) What’s the name of the Jewish community native to Ethiopia … ?
A4) The Falasha: although they, themselves prefer Beta Isreal.
Q5) The heraldic lion on the (Imperial) Ethiopian flag represented which ancient Jewish tribe … ?
A5) Judah.
Q6) Finally … Ethiopian Emperors were (mostly) members of the   Ethiopian Orthodox Church: which biblical object does the church claim to be the guardian of … ?
A6) The Ark of The Covenant.
Enjoy those.

I’ll leave you with THIS pronouncement of Francis’ titles …
“We, Francis the First, by the grace of God Emperor of Austria; King of Jerusalem, ‘H’, Bohemia, Dalmatia, Croatia, Slavonia, Galicia and Lodomeria; Archduke of Austria; Duke of Lorraine, Salzburg, Würzburg, Franconia, Styria, Carinthia and Carniola; Grand Duke of Cracow; Grand Prince of Transylvania; Margrave of Moravia; Duke of Sandomir, Masovia, Lublin, Upper and Lower Silesia, Auschwitz and Zator, Teschen and Friule; Prince of Berchtesgaden and Mergentheim; Princely Count of Habsburg, Gorizia and Gradisca and of the Tirol; and Margrave of Upper and Lower Lusatia and in Istria”
And with Rock Me Amadeus: as it’s both by and about a fellow countryman of Francis’ … 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.