Wednesday, 14 August 2013

The Daily Teaser — 14-8-2013

Hmmm … 

That was an unfortunate side effect.

I have to admit to having run video converter, MPEG Streamclip, over night.

With a big file, I should add: one starting at about 9, last night.

And that’s only just finished, about half an hour ago.

Of course, that’s 

slowed

everything

else

down.

Meaning I’ve got something of a late start, this morning.

So, without much further ado … let’s get a move on … 

~≈Â≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser* was a quiet one, with no-one putting in their answers.

So let’s see who we can tempt with today’s Teaser, shall we?   Here it is, along with the ‘How To’, license and video … 

Q1) 14th August, 1969, saw British troops deployed in Northern Ireland.  Who was the PM of Northern Ireland, at the time … ?
Q2) More to the point, the Northern Irish Parliament was housed in a building in which part of Belfast … ?
Q3) Moving on … 14th August, 1947, saw which nation achieve independence from the British Empire … ?
Q4) 14th August, 2003, saw power cuts hit north-eastern parts of the US: and parts of which other country … ?
Q5) 14th August, 1967, saw the passing of the UK’s Marine Broadcasting Offences Act, which banned offshore pirate radio stations.   What’s the name of the 2009 film about offshore pirate stations … ?
Q6) Finally … 14th August, 1994, saw the capture of Ilich Ramírez Sánchez — also known as Carlos the Jackal — by the French.   In which African country … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) True or false: Billy the Kid was left-handed.
A1) False: the best known photo of him had been misprinted for years .
Q2) Which member of the Beatles plays a left-handed guitar … ?
A2) Paul McCartney.
Q3) Prince William is left-handed: what’s his title … ?
A3) The Duke Of Cambridge.
Q4) What — in Heraldry — is the meaning of the Baton Sinister, or Left Handed Bend … ?
A4) That the owner of the arms is illegitimate.
Q5) Britain’s current Prime Minister is left-handed: what’s his name … ?
A5) David Cameron.
Q6) Brian Cowan and Bertie Ahearn are both left handed politicians: which country have they both been Prime Minister of … ?
A6) The Republic of Ireland.
Q7) Which member of Black Sabbath is — noticeably — left handed … ?
A7) The sinister guitarist, Tony Iommi.
Q8) Which Ghostbusters cast member — and leftie — also, notably, plays harmonica … ?
A8) Dan Aykroyd.
Q9) Which left-handed, Manchester United player is the former captain of Arsenal … ?
A9) Robin van Persie.
Q10) Finally … which left-handed actor appeared in The Matrix, Apocalypse, Now and What’s Love Got To Do With It … ?
A10) Laurence Fishburne.
Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll leave you with this thought from comedian, Steve Martin …
“I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks.”
Steve Martin, born 14th August, 1945.
And with this tune: again, from the multitalented Mr M … 















*        Which IS disappointing: I worked hard on the video for Left-handers Day … !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.