Saturday, 31 August 2013

The Daily Teaser — 31-8-2013: the Death Of Diana

Bloody HELL … !

I’ve got BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on: the show has just announced a piece of news that simultaneously not cropped up on the BBC’s news site, AND caught my attention.

It seems a family caring for an elderly relative with dementia, have lost him, after he wandered onto a railway line.

And are now being sued, by the railway company, for severely affecting rail travel.

My immediate response … ?   Was to get my chin off the floor.   And ask myself how bloody insensitive was that, to a family who’ve lost a relative.   AND to ask myself what the point was: how can you predict that someone with Dementia will end up heading for railway lines.   It’s like trying to predict when a suicidal person will jump in front of a train.    You can’t, from where I’m sitting, you can only try your best to prevent it.

Dear GODS!

Let’s move on, shall we?   BEFORE I get exasperated … !

~≈Œ≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with mentioning she liked yesterday’s song, she also bagged four out of five.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 31st August, 1997, saw the death of Diana: in a car crash in which French city … ?
Q2) Who was she dating — and with — at the time of her death … ?
Q3) What was her title, after her divorce from Prince Charles … ?
Q4) Diana’s funeral was held in which church … ?
Q5) In which London park would you find the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain … ?
Q6) Finally … where is Diana buried … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 30th August saw the Space Shuttle make its maiden voyage: in which year of the 1980s … ?
A1) 1984.
Q2) More to the point, WHICH Space Shuttle … ?
A2) The Discovery.
Q3) The Shuttle was launched from the Kennedy Space Centre: which is on an island in which US state … ?
A3) Florida.
Q4) The Shuttle carried the QAST 1 into orbit.   Was that an experimental satellite, an experimental solar array or an experimental jetpack … ?
A4) An experimental solar array: NASA scientist what to test such equipment,
Q5) Finally … Once the mission was finished, at which base did the shuttle land … ?
A5) Edwards Air Force Base, in California.
Enjoy those.

I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.”
Diana, Princess of Wales.
And with possibly the only song one could play, given the theme.



















*        Yeah, thought that might be appreciated, Debbi.   I still want to know how Commander Hadfield managed to get the guitar up to the International Space Station: I mean, NASA have some pretty strict weight controls.   Alan Shepard still doesn’t talk about the 3 Iron he got past them … !

1 comment:

  1. Golf on the moon! Now, that's awesome. :)

    1. Paris
    2. Dodi Fayed
    3. Diana, Princess of Wales
    4. Westminster Abbey
    5. Hyde Park
    6. the Chapel Royal, St. James's Palace

    And, hey Mr. Strict. Long time, no see. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.