Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29-11-2016

Hmmm … 

Barry Bennell has been been found unconscious: by his local police.

If you didn’t know?   Bennell is the sex offender named in recent news stories: many members of assorted football teams youth arms have come forward to tell how he abused them as children, and used his position as a coach to do so.

Personally?

I think he’s been attacked, after these stories have come out.

Given the long term harm that child abusers do?

I can’t say I’m surprised.

And I can’t say I blame whoever did that.

~≈Ê≈~

While I’m on the subject, though … ?

I can’t help but notice that — according to the report about Bennell — various football teams have started investigating any historical abuse.

I also get the impression that most teams — now — have much improved child protection measures in place.

Which is good.

But?

I wouldn’t expect the various teams to say so.

But I’m wondering this.

When DID teams start checking for historical abuse?

I can only hope someone starting making noises … 

After the truth about Savile came out …

~≈Ê≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The Papal Conclave of 1549 started: on 29th November, 1549.   By 1550, it had elected which Pope: Julius 3rd, Sixtus 9th or Jeremy 12th?
Q2) The November Uprising started: on 29th November, 1830.   The uprising was against Russian rule … of where?
Q3) Five people were killed by a gas explosion: on 29th November, 1985.   In which Scottish city?
Q4) 29th November, 1885, saw the end of the third war: between Britain, and where?
Q5) The UN gave observer status to where, on 29th November, 2012: Palestine, Vatican City or the African Union?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Albania declared its independence: on 28th November, 1912.   From where: the Russian, Ottoman or Japanese empire?
A1) The Ottoman Empire.
Q2) Beethoven’s Fifth Piano Concerto made its debut: on 28th November, 1811.   What key is the piece in: E♭ major, E minor or F♯ major?
A2) E♭ major.
Q3) Which country voted against joining the EU: on 28th November, 1994?
A3) Norway.
Q4) Claude Buffet and Roger Bontem were executed in France: on 28th November, 1971.   Which famous piece of equipment was used to execute them?
A4) The lady, herself Madame Guillotine .
Q5) Finally … NASA launched the Mariner 4 probe: on 28th November, 1964.   Which planet was the probe heading for?
A5) Mars.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Women have been called queens for a long time, but the kingdom given them isn’t worth ruling.”
Louisa May Alcott, November 29, 1832 – March 6, 1888.
And this song … 


Have a good Monday … !







*        Tell me about it, Debbi!   (Move over, Rover … !)

1 comment:

  1. So tired these days. How are you holding up? You haven't mentioned your latest medical problem, so I hope you're well.

    1. Julius 3rd
    2. Poland
    3. Glasgow
    4. Burma
    5. Palestine

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.