Wednesday 10 October 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10th October, 2018.

10th October, 2018.


Hmmm … 

Work is … 

A bit of a git, sometimes.

Going by the rota I got sent?   I’m off until the weekend.

Going by the phonecall I got from the boss, last night?

No I’m not … !

I’m back in tonight and tomorrow … !

OK, granted, I could’ve checked: indeed, should’ve done … 

But?

It’ll be a little before I watch more Man in the High Castle!

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Olga on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 10th October, 1928, saw Chang Kai-shek become chairman of the Republic of where?
Q2) William Lassell discovered the largest moon of Neptune: on 10th October, 1846.   What IS that moon?
Q3) The Outer Space Treaty went into force: on 10th October, 1967.   As of April of this year, how many nations are party to the Treaty?
Q4) 10th October, 1877, saw the birth carmaker, William Morris, 1st Baron Nuffield.   The last British owners of Morris Motors, his car company, were whom: Austin Rover, Bentley or Rolls Royce?
Q5) Finally … Director, Ed Wood was born on 10th October, 1924.  Which of his films was originally going to be called The Racket Queen?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th October is World Post Day.   The day marks the founding of the Universal Postal Union: in which year of the 1870s?
A1) 1874.
Q2) The union was founded in which European country?
Q3) The Union helps co-ordinate the postal services across the world.   Items posted can include parcels, letters … and what else … ?
A3) Postcards.
Q4) To send a letter through the post you need to stick on a … what?
A4) Stamp.
Q5) Finally … The UK’s service is the Royal Mail.   The US one, the US Postal Service.   Spain’s is Correos.   The PTT delivers the mail … where?
A5) Turkey.
Here’s a thought …
“If you want to know me, see Glen or Glenda. That’s me, that's my story, no question. But Plan 9 from Outer Space is my pride and joy.”
Ed Wood, October 10, 1924 – December 10, 1978.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        I THINK I’ll need luck, Olga‡: that dratted rota … !   (I’ve had a couple of interesting ones.)

†        The future’s bright, we have to wear shades, Debbi‡!   I do know I’m in a Doctor fan group on Facebook, I’ll have to send you an invite.   But there’s a lot of people complaining about the amount of commercial breaks on BBC America … !   (Why do I get the idea Q5 will be easy for you … ?)


‡        Mind me inflicting more Devo on you?   I’ve got an earworm … 



2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) China
Q2) Triton
Q3) 107 (23 more have not completed ratification)
Q4) Austin Rover
Q5) The Sinister Urge (another one with fabulously cheesy titles, both the originals and the ones he decided to use)
What game are they playing at work? But I think we've talked about this before and it is good news, at least temporarily.
Keep well and I Hope they don't bother you too much at work today.

Debbi said...

If I'm not on FB a lot, forgive me. I've avoiding the place when I can.

I keep contemplating leaving Facebook, for all sorts of reasons. We'll see ... :)

1. China
2. Triton
3. 107
4. Austin Rover
5. The Sinister Urge