Wednesday 3 October 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3rd October 2018

3rd October, 2018.



Yep: I have to admit, my bleak mood managed to finish, last night.

I think I owe both Debbi and Olga a big thank you for the concern, there … !

At ANY rate?

The bleak mood was something that died … 

Thankfully.

~≈§≈~

At ANY rate … ?

I managed to catch myself a movie, last night.

He say, making assorted ‘Yay’ noises.

The 2014 Gareth Edwards directed version of Godzilla.

Having completely forgotten I’d already seen it.

Can you do me a favour?

Remind me not to do that, again!

Cheers.

~≈§≈~

Oh, JUST as a final point … ?

It seems someone in the US has invented a pair of sunglasses that can block screens.


Frankly?

Peril sensitive sunglasses are on the way … 


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five.

The day ALSO saw Olga† looking in to say ‘Hello’.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Who was found ‘Not Guilty’ of murdering his wife: on 3rd October, 1995?
Q2) A hunger strike at HMP Maze finished on 3rd October, 1981.   The strike was by member of which group?
Q3) 3rd October, 1390, saw the birth of Humphrey of Lancaster.   Humphrey was Duke of where?
Q4) 3rd October, 1862, saw the birth of sportsman, Johnny Briggs.   He played Rugby League: and which other sport?
Q5) Finally … 3rd October, 1804, saw US politician, Townsend Harris.   He was the first US Consul General … to where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) US studies were published that showed cannabis caused various forms of brain damage: on 2nd October of which year?
A1) 1974.
Q2) 2nd October is Independence Day in Guinea.   Guinea is on the west coast of which continent: Africa, South America or Antarctica?
A2) Africa.
Q3) Theophilos succeeded Michael 2nd, on 2nd October, 829, AD.   As emperor of where?
A3) Byzantium.
Q4) Julius Henry Marx was born on 2nd October, 1860.   Which of the Marx brothers was he?
A4) Groucho.
Q5) Finally … Which US President suffering a stroke on 2nd October, 1919?
A5) President Woodrow Wilson.
Here’s a thought …
“There is something about a bureaucrat that does not like a poem.”
Gore Vidal, October 3, 1925 – July 31, 2012.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I know, Debbi, I knows: cheers for the positivity!   (Oh … you’ve a Facebook mention … )

†        Cheers, Olga: that day WAS rather dark!   Thankfully, my mood’s improved … (Oh … if you can avoid Godzilla?)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) O J Simpson
Q2) IRA
Q3) Gloucester
Q4) Cricket
Q5) Japan
I'm pleased to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for the warning. I wondered about watching Godzilla recently but decided against it, I'm not sure why. I watched 'Searching' (very good) and 'A Simple Favor' (really funny, with black humour touches) yesterday. Different but very good both, especially at a very reduced price.
All the best.

Debbi said...

I saw a version of Godzilla from the 50s (I think) with Raymond Burr and the most interesting English-language dubbing. It was on a show called Svengoolie. Funny stuff! :)

1. OJ Simpson
2. the IRA
3. Gloucester
4. cricket
5. Japan