Saturday 13 October 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th October, 2018

13th October, 2018.


Right, I have seriously got too post this, as quickly as possible.

It’s a work day: where I’m doing a long shift.

So the one day of the week I didn’t want to do what I actually did.

Forget to put my alarm on!

~≈§≈~

The one thing I DID want to mention … ?

Was the very sad death of games designer, Greg Stafford.

The man will be much missed by his family.

But will missed by the games community.

Creating Chaosium as a company was one thing.

But in helping design RuneQuest, and its background world, Glorantha?

He made something very special: not just your bog-standard Tolkienesque background.

And forced other companies to start releasing games with background.

He leaves one very special legacy.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 13th October, 1983, saw Ameritech Mobile Communications open the first mobile phone network in the US.   In which city?
Q2) More to the point, what’s the US term for a mobile phone network?
Q3) 13th October, 2016, saw the Maldives leave what: the UN, NATO or the Commonwealth?
Q4) 13th October, 1853, saw the birth of one of the mistresses of Edward 7th.   Which mistress?
Q5) 13th October is the feast day of one of the last Anglo-Saxon kings of England.   Which king?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Suicide bombers attacked the USS Cole on 12th October.   12th October of which year?
A1) 2000.
Q2) 12th October, 1953, saw the birth of actor, David Threlfall.   In which series does he play Frank Gallagher?
A2) Shameless.
Q3) 12th October, 1960, saw who bang his shoe on a table at A UN meeting?
Q4) 12th October, 1866, saw the birth of Ramsey McDonald, the UK’s first Labour Prime Minister.   He first became PM in which year?
A4) 1924.
Q5) Finally … ?   12th October, 1968, saw the birth of Hugh Jackman.   Which X-Men character does he play?
A5) Wolverine.
Here’s a thought …
“I mind my body by eating whole, healthy foods. I learned from Nutrisystem to eat consistently all day; otherwise, your body hoards fat. Of course, I also mind my body when it occasionally whispers, ‘Marie, you need some chocolate.’”
Marie Osmond, born October 13, 1959.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        It’s from a few years ago, Olga: when they did an article about drugs.   And have fun at the dentists!

†        It’s always the way, isn’t it, Debbi?   Too many books, not enough time!

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Chicago
Q2) Cellular network (Cell phones)
Q3) the Commonwealth
Q4) Lillie Langtry
Q5) Edward the Confessor
Oh, you were the one who had said you had an appointment at the dentist! I didn't go to the dentist. In fact, it was a holiday here in Spain... I get up at the same time everyday so there is less of a risk of missing the alarm if I need to be anywhere early (even know when I work at home, but I guess we're all different).
I hope the day at work is OK.

Debbi said...

Got that right! :)

1. Chicago
2. cellular network
3. the Commonwealth
4. Lillie Langtry
5. Edward the Confessor