Saturday 10 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 10th November, 2018

10th November, 2018.


Yep: I’m (semi) serious, there.

I’m off to work, today: and due to start at nine.

And, as you’ve possibly guessed?

I’m up early to get a post done: as well as get ready.

Frankly?

A weekend off would be nice, at some point.

Says the man who’s seasonal work means I’ll be complaining about lack of hours, come summertime!

~≈§≈~

Hmmm … 

I’m just thinking about my next day off: Wednesday, I think.

Frankly, and at the moment?   I’ve a few series in stock in the collection, I’ll be watching Dr Who’s next episode, tomorrow … 

But I’m an impatient little sod.

You’ve possibly guessed.

Right at the moment?

I’m very aware Star Trek Discovery’s next season is out next year: in January.

I’m ALSO aware Stranger Thing’s third season is also due … at some point in 2019.

Frankly?

I’m impatient for both.

But am at least grateful for Dr Who … and a seventieth series of I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue: due to start on Radio 4, this Monday.

I’ve got my timer set for those, at least!

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The Queer Story of Brownlow’s Newspaper took place on 10th November, 1931.   Who wrote The Queer Story of Brownlow’s Newspaper?
Q2) 10th November is the feast day of Leo the Great: also remembered as Pope Leo 1st.   He’s said to have stopped who invading Italy?
Q3) Rumours hit Moscow on 10th November, 1982.   Rumours that who had died … ?
Q4) New Netherland was ceded to England: on 10th November, 1674.   That colony is now part of where: the USA, Brazil or Canada?
Q5) Finally … ?   Which of the USA’s Armed forces was founded on 10th November, 1775?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 9th November saw the body of Jack the Ripper’s last victim found.   What was her name?
Q2) Her body was found in which year?
A2) 1888.
Q3) The victim said she was from where: Limerick, Cork or Kerry?
A3) Limerick: although no-one’s sure if she meant the town or county.
Q4) Her body was found at her lodgings in Dorset Street.   Dorset Street is where: Millwall, Poplar or Spitalfields?
Q5) Finally … ?   The victim is buried where: Lea Bridge, Leyton or Leytonstone?
Here’s a thought …
“Often we’d secretly like to do the very things we discipline ourselves against. Isn’t that true? Well, here in the movies I can be as mean, as wicked as I want to - and all without hurting anybody. Look at that lovely girl I’ve just shot!”
Claude Rains, 10 November 1889 – 30 May 1967.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        *Gulp*.   She might have to start working from home, Debbi!   (Ohh, Dr Who, tomorrow!   Looks like an interesting one, too: I’ll have to do a Teaser about the Partition of India, at some point, the Empire made a pig’s ear of it!)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) H.G. Wells
Q2) Attila
Q3) Leonid Brezhnev
Q4) The USA
Q5) The United States Marine Corps
I'm back! I hope work isn't too bad today. I must confess to not being excited about anything on the TV for ages (I don't have the patience to follow much these days), although I saw the teaser of Good Omens in Amazon prime and looks fun...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZSXlNRRoGU

Debbi said...

As always, looking forward to another episode! :)

1. H.G. Wells
2. Attila the Hun
3. Leonid Brezhnev
4. the USA
5. the Marine Corps